Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. Sorry if this has been covered before, if it has could you direct me to it.

I have a 800Mhz Power Mac G4 Quicksilver with 1.25GB RAM, and the ATI Radeon 7500 32MB Graphics chip. I use this as my main desktop machine along with my Unibody MacBook Pro for University and stuff and I just wanted to know what is the best way to improve the playback and flash performance on this aging 2002 machine, so its actually useable.

Thanks alot

Ryan

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
What I do with my 800mhz TiBook with 1gb RAM is right click on the flash content, settings, un-tick hardware acceleration under the section with the monitor with a play sign in the middle (don't ask me why, it just helps, trust me :p ), then go into the section with the folder and bump the bar up to unlimited.

This helps me a lot, I can play 240p YouTube very smoothly and it can just about handle 360p. I also watch TV on it and that runs smoothly.

Hope this works for you too! Good luck :)

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
There are plenty of threads here in the PowerPC area that explain how to make flash work well. No one wants to type the same info 100+ times so just use search in the top right.

skinniezinho

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2009
Portugal
There are plenty of threads here in the PowerPC area that explain how to make flash work well. No one wants to type the same info 100+ times so just use search in the top right.

And even I compiled some of them in the FAQ and you in the others in the PowerPC site...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.