Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Sounds perfect in FCPX, but when I export the video (or just the audio) there is some static at the beginning of the video, a little bit at the end. The middle of the video is fine.

It's a montage of people speaking on TV and it only seems to static when someone is speaking.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Can anyone help? Changing the audio rate didn't fix the problem. (Beginner here).

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
How did you record it? I hear a pretty high noise floor (microphone? Impedance of recording device not matching?) and MP3 clicking. The noise floor can easily fixed.

The clicking can be prevented by converting MP3 in Garageband, Logic or STP to AIFF or WAV, and only import the latter into FCP X.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
How did you record it? I hear a pretty high noise floor (microphone? Impedance of recording device not matching?) and MP3 clicking. The noise floor can easily fixed.

The clicking can be prevented by converting MP3 in Garageband, Logic or STP to AIFF or WAV, and only import the latter into FCP X.

Thanks for your help. How'd I take the audio from FCPX and put it onto Garage Band? It's all spliced up with different layers, and if I use media export, the static is back on the audio.

The video sources are online (Youtube, etc).

Last edited:

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Found the culprit - it was the outube to video converter I was using. Had to download the file as a .flv, then separate the audio from video. Takes a lot longer, but perfect results. Appreciate the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.