PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's Beta Site Hacked

arn
Oct 16, 2002, 10:52 PM
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-962333.html?tag=fd_top_1

Microsoft is investigating a security breach on a server that hosts its Windows beta community, which allows more than 20,000 Windows users a chance to test software that is still in development.

With 20,000 beta testers, I doubt they got somethign they isn't already being distributed illegally in the usual places.

arn

edesignuk
Oct 17, 2002, 08:21 AM
hehehehe, IIS Security! It's great! :p :rolleyes: :D

rainman::|:|
Oct 17, 2002, 10:19 AM
uhhhh... the security breach was *supposed* to happen... yeah, that's it, it's a feature, not a bug... hehehe

;)
pnw

MacBandit
Oct 17, 2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
uhhhh... the security breach was *supposed* to happen... yeah, that's it, it's a feature, not a bug... hehehe

;)
pnw

It's MS's version of AppleShare.

MrMacMan
Oct 21, 2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit

It's MS's version of AppleShare.

But you see Apple share wasn't Supposto have a built in hacking feature.
;) :D

MacBandit
Oct 21, 2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman

But you see Apple share wasn't Supposto have a built in hacking feature.
;) :D

That's the whole poinnt. Microsofts version of Appleshare is sharing through easily hackable systems.

Iain68
Oct 22, 2002, 05:49 PM
What does it matter, that site is hacked like 10 times a month anyhow. Although i sure wish those guys would have taken teh source and released it. Talk about a fast way to go open source, Go Linux!:D

MacBandit
Oct 22, 2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Iain68
What does it matter, that site is hacked like 10 times a month anyhow. Although i sure wish those guys would have taken teh source and released it. Talk about a fast way to go open source, Go Linux!:D

Okay so we have to innovative Microsoft technologies now.

1) Sharring through easy hackability.

2) Open Source through easy hackability.

This is great they didn't even have to write the OS to share or present open source software it's all right in there with out them trying.

Iain68
Oct 22, 2002, 06:27 PM
The reason I said it should go open source, is that Microsoft would loose a ton of money. It would also get rid of these stupid fights between Microsoft and Congress, remeber when it they were fighting for the source code to be released.

Computer_Phreak
Oct 22, 2002, 08:44 PM
hey you guys want to write a virus (for windows) that does the following:

- DDOS's www.microsoft.com (on bootup)
- Distributes itself to others on person's mailing list (excluding those that have @mac.com on the end of them)

What do you think?