Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mjmaniti510

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
I have been using my White unibody macbook for almost 2 years now the screen is becoming loose. If it keeps up, it would not be able to keep itself up. Right now it can be easily moved with the little touch, not like it was when i first owned it. Can this issue be easily fixed my me or do I have to take it to a professional repair man.

Terrorrizor

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sounds like loose screws or the metal part on the inside is weak. You should take it to a repair guy or the apple store. But if you have the tools and you think you can fix it I'd reccomend you ground yourself and take a look under the case to see what the problem is.
I'd also hold out for someone more tech savvy than me to answer.

alksion

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Mine actually has cracks by the hinges and I believe it is a manufacture's defect. Take it to Apple and see what they say, it couldn't hurt.

I have found that even when an Apple product is out of warranty, Apple is good at acknowledging problems caused by them and are usually quick to fix it for free.

Best of luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.