Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

littlemaleficen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
I have a second generation iPod touch that has previously played videos and music with no issues. Two days ago it suddenly stopped. When attempting to play a video I get "this movie cannot be played" and when selecting a song, it will bring up the album cover as if starting to play, will then suddenly pause itself and refuse to play. It is also affecting any games that require sound for play. I have 4 programs by the same company that usually use verbal prompts and until I muted the playback option, it would also freeze.

All movies and music are iTunes downloads, some old, some very new, all movies and music play on my PC and again, played until a few days ago. No new damage, (we had a height "accident" a few months ago, but has worked fine until now), the only major change is that my internal speaker stopped working entirely.

Yes, I have restored settings within the iPod, I restored settings within iTunes and I completely restored the entire iPod itself. Deleted and re-installed videos and music. Nothing is working.

Help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.