Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robinbannis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Hi Guys,

Can you suggest best Free Video Editing software for Mac ?:cool:

Regards,
Robin

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
iMovie, already comes with your Mac, and its great. I would say its the best free one in the computer world

shamalila

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2012
You can try Adobe Elements, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effect.. etc. You can download the free trial. They are all good and much more things you can do on it.

Nov 28, 2010
located
You can try Adobe Elements, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effect.. etc. You can download the free trial. They are all good and much more things you can do on it.

Adobe After Effects is NOT an editing application, but a compositing application.
And they are not free, even if the trials are, and I highly doubt, that the OP, once s/he finished the trial, will buy it, due to his/her absence and lack of knowledge.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
Until you have figured out how AE works, the trial period is already over.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Until you have figured out how AE works, the trial period is already over.
Well said. But that can be said for almost all Adobe or even professional DCC products.
To this day, I can't figure out iMovie, though I learned video editing via Premiere (long before it became "Pro") and Avid Media Composer.

julesw

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
imovie is good, wondering when the next version will be released

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
Well said. But that can be said for almost all Adobe or even professional DCC products.
To this day, I can't figure out iMovie, though I learned video editing via Premiere (long before it became "Pro") and Avid Media Composer.
i figured out how iMovie since 08 works by working with FCP X :eek:

Nov 28, 2010
located
i figured out how iMovie since 08 works by working with FCP X :eek:

I hope that was not a snide comment to the greatest departure of how we will edit non-linear in the future? ;)
Anyway, FCP X is easier to figure out for me, I guess, one can reverse engineer the necessary steps to iMovie. We'll see what FCP X brings, as it shows some promises.
If they could pair the best of Avid MC with the best of FCP X (which will be subjective nonetheless), that would be quite some fubar bastard child.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
I hope that was not a snide comment to the greatest departure of how we will edit non-linear in the future? ;)
Anyway, FCP X is easier to figure out for me, I guess, one can reverse engineer the necessary steps to iMovie. We'll see what FCP X brings, as it shows some promises.
If they could pair the best of Avid MC with the best of FCP X (which will be subjective nonetheless), that would be quite some fubar bastard child.
No, it was not a snide comment.

I am a very early adopter of FCP X and have, of course, looked for any tutorials I could find - MacBreak Studios and Ripple Training should really be mentioned here - the more I watched, the more I came to "oh, that's how the new iMovie works".

On the other hand, I had to revisit FCP6 (never updated to 7) last week for an older project. You don't want to hear my curses. Once you're comfortable with FCP X, you don't want to go back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.