PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Resolving Threads

Macman45
Jan 4, 2012, 10:32 AM
I'm guilty as charged when it comes to not doing this....I have turned over a new leaf, and just been through the first three pages of threads I started.

Would it be possible for a quicker easier way to mark multiple threads resolved?

Doctor Q
Jan 4, 2012, 12:57 PM
That might be handy, to save all the clicks it takes to change thread prefixes one at a time, but it's not a standard feature of vBulletin.

This might be a one-time need for you anyway. If you plan to set threads to show that they are resolved in the future, then I assume you'd change them at the time they are each resolved, so you'd be changing only one or two at a time.

Macman45
Jan 4, 2012, 06:37 PM
That might be handy, to save all the clicks it takes to change thread prefixes one at a time, but it's not a standard feature of vBulletin.

This might be a one-time need for you anyway. If you plan to set threads to show that they are resolved in the future, then I assume you'd change them at the time they are each resolved, so you'd be changing only one or two at a time.

True... But I think many more people would be inclined to go back over a long running thread they may have forgotten or that has dropped off page one of the list.

The present method works, as long as people remember to adopt good housekeeping skills... ( which I resolve to do henceforth! )

BreakGuy
Jan 4, 2012, 06:47 PM
A simple fix would be allowing the Thread Starter to reply to the solution with an option of marking the thread as resolved.

Doctor Q
Jan 4, 2012, 06:54 PM
A simple fix would be allowing the Thread Starter to reply to the solution with an option of marking the thread as resolved.
Or having a choice to mark a thread Resolved right from the Thread Tools menu at the top of every page of the thread.

Neither is a current vBulletin feature.

Macman45
Jan 4, 2012, 08:26 PM
Or having a choice to mark a thread Resolved right from the Thread Tools menu at the top of every page of the thread.

Neither is a current vBulletin feature.

So it's a software issue that prevents it? So be it! Good housekeeping from now on, I'll start by resolving this, thanks for the information.