PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the services stored on Lion?

NorthDakota91
Jan 4, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hi guys, I've got a little question: where are all the services files in OS X Lion stored?

I've downloaded a little app, called FreshFeed that added a service (called "Add to Fresh Feed"). Now I've removed the app but the service is still there...I've looked for it in "~/Library/Services" and in "/System/Library/Services" but it is not there... It really doesen't change my workflow (since I can simply deselect this service in System Preferences) but I just can't stand having app leftovers all around my little shiny mac :D

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance :D

wrldwzrd89
Jan 4, 2012, 11:39 AM
You forgot one: /Library/Services

NorthDakota91
Jan 4, 2012, 11:49 AM
You forgot one: /Library/Services

No, I don't have a "Services" folder inside "Library" (I've also tried to go there through the terminal, just to see if it was hidden) :(

But thank you for the fast response ;)

I've also forgot to mention that I've tried to search for any "Services" folders with Spotlight (only those two I've mentioned before came up, among with a bunch of "CoreServices" folders) and for the "Add to Fresh Feed" file (and only a bunch of cocoa headers came up).

wrldwzrd89
Jan 4, 2012, 11:52 AM
No, I don't have a "Services" folder inside "Library" (I've also tried to go there through the terminal, just to see if it was hidden) :(

But thank you for the fast response ;)

I've also forgot to mention that I've tried to search for any "Services" folders with Spotlight (only those two I've mentioned before came up, among with a bunch of "CoreServices" folders) and for the "Add to Fresh Feed" file (and only a bunch of cocoa headers came up).
That's interesting. First of all, how did you get Spotlight to index those locations? Mine doesn't. Secondly, since you did say you got results with Spotlight... try a Spotlight search for "Add To Fresh Feed.service" and see if that finds anything.

NorthDakota91
Jan 4, 2012, 12:00 PM
What I did was adding a rule called "system documents" (or something similar, can't exactly tell because my OS language is italian :S you can find it if you click the little "plus" sign in the spotlight window, then click on "Type", then "Other.." and, at last, the "System documents" rule) which shows also system documents and folders, among the rest.

Secondly, since you did say you got results with Spotlight... try a Spotlight search for "Add To Fresh Feed.service" and see if that finds anything.

Unfortunately nothing comes up :(

robgendreau
Jan 4, 2012, 01:45 PM
I think some can get stored in an application package.

Did you try using the Sys Preferences>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts pref pane? Find your service and right-click to select "show in Finder."

Rob

NorthDakota91
Jan 5, 2012, 06:31 AM
I think some can get stored in an application package.

Did you try using the Sys Preferences>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts pref pane? Find your service and right-click to select "show in Finder."

Rob

That's a great tip! I didn't even know it was possible. Well, it kinda worked: after selecting "show in finder" my Applications folder popped up with nothing highlighted so I thought that the list wasn't up to date (since I've removed the app). After the system restart the service is vanished. So, Yay!! Thank you very much ;)

I think I should restart my mac more often :D