Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indy89

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Does anyone know if you can activate cheats on the iOS version of GTA III like you can on the PC as the GTA games have some pretty cool cheats.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Does anyone know if you can activate cheats on the iOS version of GTA III like you can on the PC as the GTA games have some pretty cool cheats.

yes, but I believe you have to load custom game saves to the folder.

Indy89

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009

Would that require jail breaking?

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
I am at the last mission, I would give everything for a cheat on the iOS version. I always die in the end or I run out of time.

Indy89

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009

That's what is stopping me from getting the game is no cheats as there is a couple of missions I can't do with out. I might still get it though as it was a great game. I just wish cheats were something Rockstar had managed to keep from other versions.

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
The touch controls aren't good on a game like GTA 3, but I only can't finish the last mission. Pretty touchy :D

tj-walter

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2012
Missions? we don't need no stinkin missions!

Maybe I'm different than everyone else but I don't play any of the missions in GTA games... I go purely for the car smashing, obstacle crashing, fires, explosions and driving chaos every time!

The main goal of the game for me has always been see how much destruction and chaos I can cause before being arrested/killed.

In all honesty I didn't think I was alone in this... anyone I've seen play this game enjoys a healthy stress relief by going on a path of destruction... the missions are just a distraction. :p

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
Maybe I'm different than everyone else but I don't play any of the missions in GTA games... I go purely for the car smashing, obstacle crashing, fires, explosions and driving chaos every time!

The main goal of the game for me has always been see how much destruction and chaos I can cause before being arrested/killed.

In all honesty I didn't think I was alone in this... anyone I've seen play this game enjoys a healthy stress relief by going on a path of destruction... the missions are just a distraction. :p

You are not alone, but I need to win the game first to unlock all the possibilities :D

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
In all honesty I didn't think I was alone in this...
They're not mutually exclusive.

You are not alone, but I need to win the game first to unlock all the possibilities :D
+1 You have fewer toys to play with otherwise.

SplicedBanjo

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
Did they finally add a map for this version?

To be honest I have already bought and downloaded it, but I just haven't found time to play it so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.