Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
does anyone have one of these speck candyshell red/black.supposed to black/ red but its black/ pink ewwwww...

Attachments

• speck1.jpg
    speck1.jpg
    956.3 KB · Views: 96
  • speck2.jpg
    speck2.jpg
    945.6 KB · Views: 121

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
eek.

I'd contact Speck, or wherever you bought it and request a replacement.

I assume by Black and red you meant the "Black/Pomodoro" [taken from the speck site]

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
They prob sent you the wrong one?

According to Speck's site there is no Black/Pink combo...

OP, Where did you purchase this from? I have heard that there are counterfeits, so it may be that if you did not buy from an reputable dealer.

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
I bought this case from amazon from a seller called (harryshopzone),this is my first time buying from amazon.It was in the normal packaging but who knows.dont know if I have any recourse as this if my first time buying from amazon...

----------

I was just reading this sellars feedback from today and guess what i see,("The color is not as described in the listing. It was supposed to be black/pomodoro but it turned out to be black/neon pink."
bradlai1982, January 4, 2012).....This is the same as mine :mad:

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I bought this case from amazon from a seller called (harryshopzone),this is my first time buying from amazon.It was in the normal packaging but who knows.dont know if I have any recourse as this if my first time buying from amazon...

----------

I was just reading this sellars feedback from today and guess what i see,("The color is not as described in the listing. It was supposed to be black/pomodoro but it turned out to be black/neon pink."
bradlai1982, January 4, 2012).....This is the same as mine :mad:

If you ordered it from Amazon itself then this probably wouldn't be an issue, but it sounds like the 3rd party seller sold you a fake or a reject. Here's a link on Speck's site talking about counterfeits.

https://www.speckproducts.com/counterfeit

mrmike316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
So even when you buy from a sellar there on amazon, you are not protected the same way as if it were directly from amazon. excuse my ignorance as i have never bought from amazon

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
So even when you buy from a sellar there on amazon, you are not protected the same way as if it were directly from amazon. excuse my ignorance as i have never bought from amazon

You are protected in a sense... You can always dispute the sale with Amazon and they are pretty good about protecting the buyer. However, this does not stop some 3rd party sellers on Amazon from peddling fakes or false advertising.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
You have a fake. There are a bunch of fakes on Amazon. The Black/yellow is also a fake.

It may be a little harder to check for fakes now that Speck has redesigned their site. Yes they have a counterfeit section but the easiest way prior was to match up the colors they were selling with the color you were buying. If the combo wasn't on there it was most definitely a fake.

Also, only buy from sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon. Those come from Amazon stock and are genuine even though they are sold by a third party.

satchow

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2011
Definitely email Amazon about this, they have excellent customer service. Once a merchant on Amazon sent me a plastic case that broke in the mail and Amazon refunded me the money and let me keep the broken case. I assume they will do the same thing for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.