Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milesdavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Hi All,

I recently jumped on board with ITunes Match. For the most part, it works very well give or take some album covers that won't sync.

However - I recently encountered a major problem that is effecting my enjoyment of other apps such as Splice or IMovie [ IOS version ] . Because ITunes Match takes over your music catalog -- it also now prevents you from adding a track to a video your editing on the fly from your ITunes collection [ ie. the songs that you synced to your phone ] .

I have not seen people talking about this elsewhere and am curious if anyone has encountered it and/or found a work around? It's very disappointing!

Thanks, MD

milesdavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
ahh

Oh you're genius. I'll try that! For the record -- is there a formular for how long a downloaded song stays 'in the cache' or whatever?

Thanks!

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Oh you're genius. I'll try that! For the record -- is there a formular for how long a downloaded song stays 'in the cache' or whatever?

Thanks!

Basically the song has to be stored locally, for the apps to be able to see it.

As to the other, it's supposed to be a smart, dynamic thing where older, seldom played stuff is deleted to make room for newer. But you can also manually delete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.