Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KentuckyKid220

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Ok hello everyone. This is my first topic. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong location.

Ok so I have some questions, but first I'll tell you my system.

CURRENT SYSTEM: MacBookPro 13" MID 2010 + 4GB RAM + 250GB HDD + Nvidia 320M + SNOW LEOPARD.

So I am thinking of installing Lion on this system but my keyboard was designed for snow leopard. Will all the new gestures work? And how will I access Mission Control etc with an outdated keyboard?

Thanks.

HabSonic

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Canada
Nothing will change from SL to Lion. Expose (F3) will become Mission Control, that's it.

Only one key changed on the "new" keyboard. Dashboard became Launchpad. But on your old keyboard, that key will remain Dashboard.

KentuckyKid220

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Thanks. That really helps. Im stuck with one final problem. How good would this run and do I actually need a CD. If I download it from the App Store do I have to burn it to a disk? Thanks.

So, how good would it run. People say performance is crap.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
No, you don't have to burn it to a CD. It's not a bad idea to copy the file that get's downloaded BEFORE you run the installer, and keep it for further use should you need it.

And I suggest you search through prior posts if you want an opinion about it's speed. It's been discussed to death.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.