PDA

View Full Version : Network Map App

Hammie
Jan 5, 2012, 10:39 AM
Is anyone aware of an app that will allow me to see the devices on my home network, including devices using my DHCP addresses? I have a mix of both Mac and Window devices as well as printers, servers, routers, and other IP Addressed devices. I know Windows 7 has a built-in map program (it is okay and depending on the day, may see more or less devices than the day before).

Thanks!

blueroom
Jan 5, 2012, 10:41 AM
Your router may allow you to see what's connected. Didn't know Windows 7 could show this, how do you do it in Windows?

Dhelsdon
Jan 5, 2012, 11:03 AM
It doesn't work that well, enable network sharing or network visibility.. I forget exactly what it's called now but if you go to Network in CP it will let you if it's off.

Hammie
Jan 5, 2012, 09:23 PM
Your router may allow you to see what's connected. Didn't know Windows 7 could show this, how do you do it in Windows?

I get there by right-clicking my wireless icon on the task bar. Once the 'Network and Sharing Center' window is open, there is a link next to the 'Internet" globe that says, 'See full map.' You can also get there through Control Panel.

It will show you a map and then a bunch of devices that cannot be placed on the map.

My wired Windows 7 machine is down right now so I am not sure what the difference is in devices that it see from a wired versus wireless network.