PDA

View Full Version : OS Booting from External HDD and Not Internal

bmwpowere36m3
Jan 5, 2012, 11:12 AM
I have an external HDD which I have partitioned in two, one for Time Machine backups and the other for a clean install of Lion (in case of debugging the OS on my MBP).

When I leave my external HDD plugged into my MBP and shut down (I eject the disks before shutting down) is that the system boots from the external HDD instead of the internal. Is there a way to force it to boot from the internal? I know on startup you can press: Option to select which disk to boot from, but it seems to do this automatically.

theSeb
Jan 5, 2012, 11:21 AM
I have an external HDD which I have partitioned in two, one for Time Machine backups and the other for a clean install of Lion (in case of debugging the OS on my MBP).

When I leave my external HDD plugged into my MBP and shut down (I eject the disks before shutting down) is that the system boots from the external HDD instead of the internal. Is there a way to force it to boot from the internal? I know on startup you can press: Option to select which disk to boot from, but it seems to do this automatically.

Set your start up disk in system preferences.

bmwpowere36m3
Jan 6, 2012, 07:44 AM
Set your start up disk in system preferences.

Thanks.