Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDrizzle-0

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2011
hey guys I just recently did a clean reinstall of Lion and I just got my Swan M10 speakers today. My problem is that I connected the speakers to my late 2008 alum. macbook and im not getting any audio! I tried the "sudo killall coreaudiod" in terminal and no go. There was another post on macrumors some where to mess with the Audio MIDI Setup and change the output to something like 32-bit but mines only goes to 24-bit integer. Can anybody help? Kinda bummed that this would happen when I get the M10's :(

Nov 28, 2010
located
Check System Preferences > Sound > Output or OPTION/Alt click the sound/volume icon in the Menu Bar and tell us, what is listed as Output Device.

2012_01_04_pC1_OptionClickVOLUMEicon.png

Nov 28, 2010
located
when I do that it says its on Digital Output and thats the only option I get

Remove the 3.5 mm plug you use to connect the speakers to the Mac from the Mac's audio out port, and see, if there is a red light. If so, repeatedly plug and unplug the 3.5 mm connector until the light goes away, as the red light is the indicator of the digital, optical audio out being enabled, and sometimes it just gets stuck.

TheDrizzle-0

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Remove the 3.5 mm plug you use to connect the speakers to the Mac from the Mac's audio out port, and see, if there is a red light. If so, repeatedly plug and unplug the 3.5 mm connector until the light goes away, as the red light is the indicator of the digital, optical audio out being enabled, and sometimes it just gets stuck.

ok I mustve unplugged and replugged the 3.5 mm plug a hundred times and its still not working

----------

IDK if this helps but when I plug my iphone the 2 speakers a sub woofer all put out music when I put the speakers in through my macbook only 2 speakers ouput music

the red light is on right now but I still get now audio

Last edited:

TheDrizzle-0

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2011
took it to the apple store and they said I have to get the logic board replaced :S

imm22

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2008
Portugal

That worked for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.