PDA

View Full Version : 500 posts! Avatar finally!

Invincibilizer
Jan 6, 2012, 06:17 PM
Finally reached 500 posts and eligible for avatar for the first time. :D

That being said, 500 posts is a rather high number for an avatar. A number like 250 that allows for marketplace should also be the requirement for an avatar.

It took me 5 months and for people who don't log in daily, it could take a year and they still wouldn't have an avatar...

Just stating my 10 cents for newer register people hoping for avatars.

Firestar
Jan 6, 2012, 06:21 PM
There's been multiple threads on this. One relatively recently.

Chances are they're not going to change it, unless a legitimate reason other than 'it's really high' is given.

Edit: I'm probably only saying this because I've had one for a while.

Shrink
Jan 6, 2012, 07:16 PM
There was another thread on this topic a couple of days ago. Suffice it to say, it is what it is. Getting your avatar is a landmark. You have to earn it by spending some time on MR and becoming part of the community (totally psycho, but a community nonetheless:D) Call it a right of passage, or an initiation. Silly perhaps - but part of the game.

Enjoy the landmark. I got a charge out reaching 500 posts and getting my avatar. Totally immature and childish - but fun!:p

Pick yourself a good one, and enjoy knowing that other folks will soon quickly identify your posts - for good or ill!:D

fireshot91
Jan 7, 2012, 09:08 AM
I don't even think I wanted an avatar. :p.

The only reason I chose something was because there was a thread a LONG time ago that other people were making their avatars have a dark shade/tint for a good cause (I don't even remember what it was).

Ever since then, I just kept it that. No use changing it.

darkplanets
Jan 7, 2012, 03:14 PM
I'm too lazy to even have an avatar. A picture shouldn't define you, nor should it indicate the quality of your posts. Perhaps it draws people to read your own musings, but in the end I'd personally prefer to only have the observant read my nuggets of insight.

annk
Jan 8, 2012, 10:52 AM
Since there have been numerous threads on this subject, I'll close this one.