PDA

View Full Version : Imac G5 screen question....

guigo
Jun 5, 2005, 02:59 PM
Hi....
I have a question.
I just received my new 20" iMac G5 and, after install, everything works fine, it's a beautiful machine
Them, suddenly when I was using, some pixels start to shine and blink, multiple colors in the desktop background picture. But was just in the background, behind the application windows...
When I select another picture, it stops.....
The picture was in "fill the screen" position, and it's smaller then my imacs resolution....so was enlarged......I stop doing this.
And I changed the "color" on displays.......change from Imac to Apple RGB.....
Didn't happen again so far.
Anyone of you seen this?? I need be worried?
Best regards
Guilherme

Etrain
Jun 5, 2005, 06:46 PM
Mine did that too following a change of the wallpaper to a mostly black picture. It did a "pixel dance". It hasn't done it again though so I am not very concerned.

guigo
Jun 12, 2005, 10:26 AM
Anybody else see that on the imac g5 20"?
This is the first symptom os this logic board problem some people talk.
I bought mine after the rev. B sees light and for all I read, most of complains come from macs bought on 2004, some january this year.
Apple let the problem continue even with months of comments??
Well, if someone give me more clues....I don't live in USA, so everything is more difficult to me. I need be one step ahead :-)
Best Regards
Guilherme

eug_ch_cheng
Jun 15, 2005, 04:18 AM
I have a Rev A 20" and i've been getting static/pinstripes panic kernels during bootups. It's driving me nuts and i know the iMac is gonna die on me quite soon. So I'd be bringing it in to an apple store to get it fixed. If it turns out to be the logic board, maybe they'd replace it with a rev B version? and then i'd get better graphics, i doubt it.
Yeah from what i gather, those pixel dance probs (which i'm also experiencing) are signs of logic board problems
Eug

Etrain
Jun 15, 2005, 08:14 PM
Mine hasn't done it again. I have had black wallpapers since that incident and it seems fine. Is yours doing it a lot?