PDA

View Full Version : Web.mac briefly mentioned

gopher
Oct 17, 2002, 12:12 PM
Today at http://www.macosrumors.com/

Question becomes, will you have to be a .Mac member to use this browser? And next question is since the rumor is saying no Explorer 6 for the Mac, does that then mean the only browser by default for the Mac will be one available to paid .Mac members only? I hope not...At least there is always Mozilla. Recently Mozilla 1.2b latest nightly build with http://homepage.mac.com/pcbeard/MRJPlugin/ version 1.0.1 finally was able to go to instantchess.com and chat.yahoo.com. With Jaguar this was possible finally with Explorer and iCab but not Mozilla until this release of Mozilla. Chimera still doesn't go to http://chat.yahoo.com/ Java chat room.

There is also Omniweb and Opera.

FelixDerKater
Oct 17, 2002, 01:11 PM
Wow! I'm amazed... You took something so simple and turned it into something that is barely understandable.

Surly Apple would not take up a Microsoft-like tactic of making you pay a subscription to use software that shoud be included free. But then again, this isn't the soft and cuddly Apple of a couple years ago.

gopher
Oct 17, 2002, 01:44 PM
I've been taught a long time ago, to expect the unexpected. And strange as it may seem, Apple as a company is becoming more and more like Microsoft. Whether we like it or not, that's an inevitable truth. .Mac was the point where I began believing this.

I just hope I'm wrong!

e-coli
Oct 17, 2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by FelixDerKater
Wow! I'm amazed... You took something so simple and turned it into something that is barely understandable.

heh. ha. haha. hahaha. muahahahahah!

That's the funniest thing I've read in a week.

:D :D :D :eek: :D :D :) ;)

sparkleytone
Oct 17, 2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by gopher
I've been taught a long time ago, to expect the unexpected. And strange as it may seem, Apple as a company is becoming more and more like Microsoft. Whether we like it or not, that's an inevitable truth. .Mac was the point where I began believing this.

I just hope I'm wrong!

one major difference.

Apple isn't pushing me to be the broker in a deal where I unknowingly sell my soul to Satan.

"By using this software you agree to your soul becoming, as a whole or in parts thereof, sellable property, that which the sole owner is one Nebuchadnezzar: ruler of the infernos of Hell."

-future M$ EULA

solvs
Oct 17, 2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by sparkleytone

one major difference.

Apple isn't pushing me to be the broker in a deal where I unknowingly sell my soul to Satan.

"By using this software you agree to your soul becoming, as a whole or in parts thereof, sellable property, that which the sole owner is one Nebuchadnezzar: ruler of the infernos of Hell."

-future M$ EULA

You never know.

Isn't it kinda strange that Apple was in the toilet, then ALL OF THE SUDDEN out of nowhere the come back with the iMac and all. Now, despite the fact that they have slower, more expensive computers (get over it, they do), and the fact that they posted a loss of $45 million because they aren't selling as much as they had hoped and the economy's down, they still have a ton of $$$.

All or nothing ($129 for Jaguar, buy all of .Mac or lose your e-mail, the list goes on) seems to be a theme now. Call me a conspiracy nut (go ahead, I don't mind), but I don't like they way this is heading.

Stand up now people. If you keep giving in (zealots I'm talking to you) soon you'll be paying $3000 a year to sit behind a slow-ass, giant, flower/dalmation/limegreen (sorry Limeibook) Cube while Steve Jobs spanks you, telling him "thank you master, may I have another".

Then again for some of you, you'd probably like that.

LimeiBook86
Oct 25, 2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by solvs

If you keep giving in (zealots I'm talking to you) soon you'll be paying $3000 a year to sit behind a slow-ass, giant, flower/dalmation/limegreen (sorry Limeibook)

What was that about Lime iBooks!?!?!?
http://homepage.mac.com/ibook238/.Pictures/madguy.gif.GIF

solvs
Oct 25, 2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by LimeiBook86

What was that about Lime iBooks!?!?!?

I said I was sorry :).

blackpeter
Oct 25, 2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by e-coli

heh. ha. haha. hahaha. muahahahahah!

That's the funniest thing I've read in a week.

:D :D :D :eek: :D :D :) ;)

...I hope it's been a slow week then. :rolleyes: For your sake!

LimeiBook86
Oct 25, 2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by solvs

I said I was sorry :).

I was just bored, see my shop teacher in high school has been out for a month so I just wanted to do something for the 4 periods I'm in shop. Plus the computers in the libaray (the PC i was on) didnt have any image apps, so it was hell to save the image to my idisk and then show it on the fourms, heh i have way too much time on my hands :) ;)