Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
So, whenever I used to get notifications (PMs, quotes, etc) I would get a notified at the top right. I would know what the notification was until I hit the drop down arrow and select the one that's bolded. However, the past couple of days, that arrow has disappeared. Clicking on notifications doesn't do anything. If it's a PM, I can easily view that. But, if it's a quote notification, it's not easily accessed. I've quit safari, logged in and out. The only thing that works is if I use Google Chrome. Any ideas?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Reset Safari yet?
2012_12_25_pA1_SafariReset.png

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
Googles Chrome Broswer is incredibly fast, stable, & as of late they've developed many excellent & unique extensions & apps.

While I've generally had good experiences with Safari, I've not experienced any crashes, or instability with Chrome in well over a year. Running on both my Macs & PC's I like the convenience of syncing Chrome across all my computers.

Another excellent feature with some little touches like how fast & easy it responds to a switch between full screen & STD views, which adds to the positive experience.

Thanks Google :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.