Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolledUp20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Wrexham, North Wales
its the newest nano..maybe 7th gen they call it

hi, i recently bought the iPod nano touch(small square 1, using as watch aswel) to store my music and free up space on my iPhone. i used to plug a cable from my iPhone to my car cd player & the sound was great. now, doing the same with my nano its a lot quieter.
if i plug my bose ae2i headphones into my iPhone it can blow my ears off, whereas it seems with the nano just over half way of volume it doesn't really go ant louder from then to maxed out. at full volume on the nano its fine to listen to...but its not LOUD!!!! I've checked volume lock and its set to 100%, I've gone on to iTunes and locked my music files to 100% & then copied back to nano, restart...still no difference!

a little research says the EU law has now capped the iPod ..i guess in a hidden setting?? how can i unlock this?

the biggest problem is for use in my car now, its just not loud enough! headphones i can live with i guess it is saving my ears :)

id like it louder in my van tho...damn EU law.

help guys?

i have a mac mini, so would require help that way. cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.