PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper version of the smart cover?

Mikey86uk
Jan 8, 2012, 08:02 AM
Hi Guys, i have a case for when im out and about, but would like to use a smart cover for home, and saw this: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/23884484/G5-Online-Magnetic-Protective-Foldable-Smart-Cover-Orange-High-Sensitive-Stylus-Pen-LCD-Screen-Protector-Guard-For-Apple-iPad-2/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=ipad+smart+cover&urlrefer=search

anyone tried one? also anything else out there which works like the smart cover?

Thanks

LeeM
Jan 8, 2012, 10:13 AM
Many of the reviews I've read for the cheaper one say they're pretty crap. Magnets not as strong and they start peeling at the edges. I've got an official apple one and would recommend it highly, I know it's 35 which is pretty expensive but in comparison to the 400+ piece of kit its protecting I'd say it's worth it. Just ordered a zum back cover to go with it too and still think 55 is worth it to protect the ipad

Mikey86uk
Jan 8, 2012, 01:50 PM
Many of the reviews I've read for the cheaper one say they're pretty crap. Magnets not as strong and they start peeling at the edges. I've got an official apple one and would recommend it highly, I know it's 35 which is pretty expensive but in comparison to the 400+ piece of kit its protecting I'd say it's worth it. Just ordered a zum back cover to go with it too and still think 55 is worth it to protect the ipad

Where can i find the ZUM in the UK?

Ebay have them, but there coming from Hong Kong which i dont like the sound of.

Thanks

EDIT: Dont worry found them on Amazon UK, went for the white one, and will get a smart cover in the week from Apple.

Thanks for the info :D

LeeM
Jan 8, 2012, 02:32 PM
Where can i find the ZUM in the UK?

Ebay have them, but there coming from Hong Kong which i dont like the sound of.

Thanks

EDIT: Dont worry found them on Amazon UK, went for the white one, and will get a smart cover in the week from Apple.

Thanks for the info :D

ive got a white one from amazon uk, got a white ipad and a blue smart cover. think i might swap to a grey one though soon, might nip into apple and see if they'll let me try a coupel to see how they look with the zum

ejisfun
Feb 18, 2012, 11:05 PM
Two suggestions:

1) Check ebay for official smart covers. Most I've seen (even leather ones) are going for about $20-30 nowadays.

2) If you don't like ebay for whatever reason, or want a new product, then check out the Khomo case (http://www.amazon.com/KHOMO-Polyurethane-Rubberized-Poly-carbonate-Protector/dp/B005CI7V1Q/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1329094561&sr=1-4). It seems to have mixed reviews, but it's cheap and some people swear by it.