Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
is this the Quartz-enabled update we've all been waiting for?

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
another security update

Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.1 Update

This update addresses a security vulnerability that can enable an attacker who had a valid security certificate to issue an invalid subordinate certificate that would appear to be valid. This update also addresses a vulnerability in Word's field codes that could allow an attacker to maliciously use field codes and external updates to steal information from your computer without your knowledge. For more information about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Security Bulletins MS02-050 and MS02-059.

This update also addresses several stability issues that may be caused by running Office_v._X using Mac_OS_10.2.

Note__ Before you can install Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.1 Update, Microsoft Office_v._X, Service Release_1, must be installed on your computer.

Applies to: The English or Japanese version of Office v. X, Word X, Excel X, PowerPoint® X, Entourage™ X. Microsoft is currently developing a version of the Microsoft Office_v._X_10.1.1 Update that applies to the French, German, Spanish or Swedish versions of these programs.

Released: 10/16/2002

finchna

macrumors regular
May 30, 2002
Re: another security update

Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger
Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.1 Update

This update also addresses several stability issues that may be caused by running Office_v._X using Mac_OS_10.2.

Note__ Before you can install Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.1 Update, Microsoft Office_v._X, Service Release_1, must be installed on your computer.

Released: 10/16/2002

This is good news--but MS text above is a bit different from my experience. officeX was running fine under 10.2.1 until I applied SR1--then apps start to crash. I kinda think that this should address problems brought about by the SR--but perhaps it's just the combination of 10.2.x +SR1. I just hope that it doesn't bring other stability or functionality issues.

Nathan

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
I've had the exact same experience -- Office v.X was working great on my computer until SR1. Now it crashes frequently and I've had some difficulty exporting Word files to Windows machines (although that problem may be the fault of Mail in Jaguar.) They desperately need an SR2 to fix the damage of SR1.

Re: Re: another security update

Originally posted by finchna
This is good news--but MS text above is a bit different from my experience. officeX was running fine under 10.2.1 until I applied SR1--then apps start to crash. I kinda think that this should address problems brought about by the SR--but perhaps it's just the combination of 10.2.x +SR1. I just hope that it doesn't bring other stability or functionality issues.

Nathan
The thing is, Office v. X SR1 came out a while before Jaguar.

PrettyMan

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2002
Oyeregui, Spain
I´m using Jagg (Spanish) and SR1 (Spanish) and no problem.

And I cannot install MS update because there is no Spanish version.

And Apple Mail APP is far from be perfect.

Ciao.

PrettyMan

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2002
Oyeregui, Spain
Originally posted by PrettyMan
And I cannot install MS update because there is no Spanish version.

And Apple Mail APP is far from be perfect.

Ciao.

Sorry. Now the update is available in Spanish.

And Apple Mail APP is no so good !!!

Ciao.:) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.