PDA

View Full Version : Report your own post?

Apple Key
Jan 9, 2012, 03:33 PM
Just wondering why the site would let you report your own post. That is, if it does - because I was afraid to test it out on myself. :)

GGJstudios
Jan 9, 2012, 03:39 PM
Just wondering why the site would let you report your own post. That is, if it does - because I was afraid to test it out on myself. :)
Sometimes people post in error and want their post deleted.

Peace
Jan 9, 2012, 03:41 PM
Everybody has a little devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. :p

SandboxGeneral
Jan 9, 2012, 03:41 PM

It's also probably easier to code the site that way and make it apply to all posts. Rather than having to code in exceptions.

MacDawg
Jan 9, 2012, 03:47 PM
Sometimes people post in error and want their post deleted.

Yes, you can report your own post if it needs to be deleted or moved
Sometimes users post in the wrong Forum and then repost in the right Forum
Reporting their original post allows Moderators to easily find and delete the duplicate
Or, they can report the post to have it moved instead of reposting

Apple Key
Jan 9, 2012, 03:50 PM
Okay, that explains it. I might just grant the user the ability to delete it themselves, but I see how that could potentially be problematic/confusing.

rdowns
Jan 9, 2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, you can report your own post if it needs to be deleted or moved
Sometimes users post in the wrong Forum and then repost in the right Forum
Reporting their original post allows Moderators to easily find and delete the duplicate
Or, they can report the post to have it moved instead of reposting

Which is more difficult for the mods? ;)

balamw
Jan 9, 2012, 04:53 PM
Which is more difficult for the mods? ;)

That depends. What is most a pain is when both threads have active replies by the time we get to it.

In which case, we (at least I) would have preferred that the OP had reported the dang thing in the first place. :p

Adding a poll after the fact is another one that we have to deal with every so often.

B