Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Can I still install Lion again (say, 5 months down the road), and dual boot them, or will I have to wipe my windows 7?

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Can I still install Lion again (say, 5 months down the road), and dual boot them, or will I have to wipe my windows 7?

Why exactly did you buy a Mac in the first place if you intended to do this?

You could simply make the biggest partition for bootcamp that you can and leave a small OS X partition. For things like firmware and EFI updates you're going to need OS X anyway.

Installing solely Windows on an MBP is doable, but you're going to hate your life trying to get OS X back onto it.

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
You could simply make the biggest partition for bootcamp that you can and leave a small OS X partition. For things like firmware and EFI updates you're going to need OS X anyway.

Installing solely Windows on an MBP is doable, but you're going to hate your life trying to get OS X back onto it.

Agree ... leave a reasonable sized mac os x partition ( 20 gb ? 30 gb ? ... make it 40 gb if you have a reasonably sized internal disk ) and do the rest under bootcamp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.