Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible view the artist and album names off a friends iPod? I have no interest in downloading the files, just viewing (and possibly saving) the folder names.

If possible I would like to do this so it would work with any of my friends iPods so I can check out what they are listening to (they have no desire to do last.fm or w.e.) without them having to make any changes on their devices.

Weird question, I know.

Thoughts? Links that might point me in the right direction?

Everything I look at says they would have to have disk mode activated. Is there anyway to view the folder names without doing this?

Last edited:

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
Not if this what you are after. Have you thought of connecting the ipod to itunes. Click on the iPod Music so it shows in iTunes. Print. Choose structure. (list of albums or songs) Choose PDF.

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
hmm... maybe.

Maybe I will get a bit more specific about what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to generate some statistics from a group of friends on what they are listening to. So I was hoping to take their perhaps plug in their iPod's and create a program to enter the albums and artists into a spread sheet.

I'm not sure if the going through iTunes to do this is the easiest approach or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.