Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
For some reason, almost always, when I go into the Apple Store and I go to one of the iMacs, or MacBook Airs, even the Mac Pro or the 17-Inch MacBook Pros, they're all so slow! Mission Control doesn't even show any animations half the time, or the animation lags a lot. I was waiting for a Genius so I thought I'd check my e-mail on an Air next to me, and it took forever to get Safari to come up! Has anyone else noticed the Apple Store computers seem to be so slow? :confused: It seems so odd....

Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Depends on the store and how often they clean up there displays.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
The display models are subject to an amazing amount of abuse it's not even funny. People treat them so badly it's a miracle that they hold up as well as they do.

Nov 28, 2010
located

Facebook.

Though I seem to remember, that the Macs, or at least the "display" user (the one, one can play with) will be reset every day, in order to delete any ***** and have a pristine experience for the customers.

Maybe the store you went to just doesn't care?

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Facebook.

Though I seem to remember, that the Macs, or at least the "display" user (the one, one can play with) will be reset every day, in order to delete any ***** and have a pristine experience for the customers.

Maybe the store you went to just doesn't care?

Not to mention the Gigabytes of wasted space and crap accumulated from iMovie and GarageBand.

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Well if I was a newbie to Macs it would really make me think twice about it. Our Apple Store is usually packed (since it's the only one in our region), so I guess that explains it then haha.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Sorry my keylogger sometimes goes into a loop on its 2nd thread and eats up a single core all by itself. I still have to get my head wrapped around that bug.

However, you do get a lot of spam I must say. Frankly, makes reading your personal e-mail quite the bother. Unless you really are into all that ... err... "stuff".

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Sorry my keylogger sometimes goes into a loop on its 2nd thread and eats up a single core all by itself. I still have to get my head wrapped around that bug.

However, you do get a lot of spam I must say. Frankly, makes reading your personal e-mail quite the bother. Unless you really are into all that ... err... "stuff".

Nvm, I derped.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.