PDA

View Full Version : Merge iPhone hacks and iPod touch hacks?

GeniusJon
Jan 9, 2012, 10:42 PM
Since the two have the same content, more or less, wouldn't it make sense to merge the two and create an "iOS hacks" under the iOS forum? Then users and go there for the latest jailbreak stuff.

Hellhammer
Jan 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
I see some possible issues:

Unlocking is (or at least used to be) a crucial part of iPhone hacks but it's irrelevant for iPod Touch users
Hardware releases are often separate. This means there will be a lot discussion about e.g. iPhone JBing when it gets released but most of that info is irrelevant to iPod Touch Users
Some JB'd apps are iPhone specific (e.g. tethering without a plan)

I think having them separate allows better assistance as the forum is not flooded with different topics.

Alaerian
Jan 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
Those issues seem to be in the minority. I'm in agreement that merging them would be a great idea.

grapes911
Jan 11, 2012, 09:55 AM
Maybe a Jailbreak forum for the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Apple TV? Then an Unlock Forum just for the iPhone?

I don't know. I do understand your concern and much jailbreak information gets duplicated.

Invincibilizer
Jan 11, 2012, 04:49 PM
Agreed, the iPod touch hacks forums is virtually non existent.
The iPod touch hacks forums should merge with the iPhone Hacks forums.

Combining both iPod and iPhone Hacks would allow forumers to have a one stop access at jailbreaks. Unlocking is only iPhone based but it is easily avoided, having iPod touch hacks within it would not make a difference. People would there device would know which threads would concern them or not.

GeniusJon
Jan 11, 2012, 10:15 PM
I put together a mockup of the main page if this were to happen.

http://i.imgur.com/1w8kN.png

iPhone Hacks, iPod touch Hacks and iPad Hacks have been removed and consolidated into iOS Hacks. iPhone Unlocks have been added.

jav6454
Jan 12, 2012, 03:10 PM
I put together a mockup of the main page if this were to happen.

[snip]

iPhone Hacks, iPod touch Hacks and iPad Hacks have been removed and consolidated into iOS Hacks. iPhone Unlocks have been added.

I like this... very good idea.

Invincibilizer
Jan 14, 2012, 05:34 PM
Any news on this?

Merging would be a great idea, it can just be consolidated in iOS hacks under iPhone, no need to put it under iOS5.

Invincibilizer
Jan 19, 2012, 10:31 PM
Any updates on this suggestion?

arn
Jan 20, 2012, 01:44 PM
probably a good idea.

arn

soco
Jan 20, 2012, 01:45 PM
probably a good idea.

arn
Yay. Good to know. :) Don't ever say you're not listened to or interacted with on this site. These guys get a lot of flak. Give 'em credit where it's due.

BreakGuy
Jan 20, 2012, 07:00 PM
There's an OS X forum for Mac, so can't see why there shouldn't be an iOS forum for iDevices?

ninjaw95
Feb 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
i hate bouncing between the two when looking at stuff
just an idea,

luv the site :D