PDA

View Full Version : The Clan Forums

Durandal7
Oct 17, 2002, 07:00 PM
The Clan {MR} forums are now up at http://clanmacrumors.myikonboard.com

There are now forums for Warcraft III, Starcraft, Tactical Ops, Shadowbane, Marathon:Resurrection and ST:Elite Force. Any additions are welcome if you want to found a {MR} clan. Have fun.

Be on the lookout for more Clan {MR} central sites in the future.

job
Oct 17, 2002, 07:29 PM
Looks good...

I'm glad Ikonboard did away with their awful cgi scripts...

Those things were/are unstable as hell..

Durandal7
Oct 17, 2002, 07:32 PM
The CGI was slow too.

job
Oct 17, 2002, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I'm saddened by the fact that they will not convert my board...the one with the old Downfall dev forum to php...

So unless I want to start a completely new board and piss off all my friends off by forcing them to re-register...I'm stuck with those crappy cgi scripts.

bah.

Durandal7
Oct 17, 2002, 07:41 PM
That's weird, I thought they would convert any forum :confused:
It doesn't make sense that they would convert some and not others.

job
Oct 17, 2002, 07:44 PM
Yeah, when I registered for their new php service I entered in the URL for my old boards for conversion.

I've been waiting for a while now..no email confirmation, nothing..

I dunno...maybe I just need to wait somemore..

job
Oct 17, 2002, 07:49 PM
Check this thread (http://php.ikonboard.com/viewthread.php?threadid=340) out.

It's about the whole conversion process.. :rolleyes:

I think I'll have to wait for awhile still..

Durandal7
Oct 18, 2002, 06:23 PM
The Clan {MR} Central Site will be lanched soon. The leaders of the various clans will be given accounts for the main site so they can post news, just don't go overboard and make a bunch of posts to it when it's up.

Any suggestions for content will be welcome.

edit- Due to the permission settings for the forums being a royal pain in the ass, you must now register and login to view the boards. Sorry, there was no other way.

Durandal7
Oct 19, 2002, 12:20 PM
The permissions have been fixed, guests may now view the forums but guest posting is disabled.

Note: Leaders of the respective clans will be upgraded to moderator accounts for their clan's forum.

edit-I will also have a central clan roster, please post in the Enlistment Forum and say which of the games you play so you can be added.