PDA

View Full Version : Landscape mode in pages for ipad2?

Dougiefresh805
Jan 10, 2012, 08:52 AM
I keep seeing different responses to this question.

Does pages for ipad2 support landscape mode so I could type in landscape?

Is pages the best app for word processing?

Thanks.

MasterHowl
Jan 10, 2012, 10:10 AM
I keep seeing different responses to this question.

Does pages for ipad2 support landscape mode so I could type in landscape?

Is pages the best app for word processing?

Thanks.

No, you can't make a landscape document in Pages for iPad (which sucks.).

The only way to do it is to make a blank landscape pages file on your Mac and sync it onto your iPad via iCloud.

It's such an important feature that they missed!

Other than that, I'd say Pages was the best app for word processing :) especially when it's used with a wireless apple keyboard! It's brilliant.

anthonymoody
Jan 10, 2012, 12:25 PM
Don't forget that you'd only have to do this one time. Once it's on your iPad, just treat it like a template. Open a Copy of it each time you start a new file.

I don't have regular need for landscape documents, but I do have some other fairly custom stuff that I set up initially on my Mac and saved over to use in this way. All part of the tricks of trying to use an iPad as my primary computer...

Dougiefresh805
Jan 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
I actually downloaded Pages for my iPad 2 and it can type in landscape mode. I was surprised it work. I guess it doesn't work for iPhone. But for me I can definitely type in landscape mode with my iPad. Wonder if they recently changed this?? Thanks for the feedback though.

danny_w
Jan 10, 2012, 12:34 PM
I actually downloaded Pages for my iPad 2 and it can type in landscape mode. I was surprised it work. I guess it doesn't work for iPhone. But for me I can definitely type in landscape mode with my iPad. Wonder if they recently changed this?? Thanks for the feedback though.
I suspect that the 2 posters above just misunderstood your question. They were referring to a landscape-formatted document (which would print to a landscape page) and I think you were referring to simply rotating the iPad into landscape and typing in that screen orientation.