PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to all our iPods?

Jazz2011
Jan 10, 2012, 11:46 AM
I was just wondering what do you think will Apple do with all the first gen nanos that they are getting?

OllyW
Jan 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
They will probably just scrap them and recycle the materials.

ChristianJapan
Jan 10, 2012, 02:15 PM
Same question for the two iPod Touch 1stGen. No upgrade anymore ? No iCloud, nothing. Just laying in ten shelf and fetching dust.

As much as I like the frequent upgrade to get something new the pile old stuff I couldn't sell is a bit disturbing.

bosco2012
Jan 10, 2012, 09:59 PM
i want to get a iPod for a long time, like it..

JRoDDz
Jan 12, 2012, 03:32 PM
All your iPods are belong to us.

ewkid
Jan 14, 2012, 08:57 AM
This is like when Apple took back the Apple I so you could get a deal on Apple II. "Give us that POS Apple I back, it will never be worth anything." :D

LizKat
Jan 14, 2012, 12:17 PM
Same question for the two iPod Touch 1stGen. No upgrade anymore ? No iCloud, nothing. Just laying in ten shelf and fetching dust.

As much as I like the frequent upgrade to get something new the pile old stuff I couldn't sell is a bit disturbing.

Give it to a neighbor for their kids to use, that's what I do. I keep one back for a spare, and move the older ones out. Except the 2nd gen nanos, I love those things and still have some of them, loaded up with flavor-of-day picks on them, a few gig of jazz or blues or whatever on each. And as far as iPod touch 1st gen goes, I kept that for use with an old Altec Lansing speakerdock (that won't charge the later devices anyway), and I use it for audiobooks upstairs. Bring it down a couple times a year and put different books on it.

Invincibilizer
Jan 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
Keep it in mint condition to sell in a few years down the road.

If I had the funds I certainly would buy all colors of the ipod nano.