Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sikazzg35

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
First of all, I'm a newbie to mac os and just picked up an air couple of weeks ago. Anyways, I manage to install Windows 7 by using boot camp without a problem. And then a friend had told me about VMfusion so I decided to give it a try and really like it. When I installed fusion, I direct it to use boot camp as an image. To make story short, I want to delete the boot camp partition and join it back to the lion partition. What is the easiest way of doing this? I think if I delete the boot camp partition, my fusion will no longer work since it is using boot camp right? Please advise. Thanks in advance

Nov 28, 2010
located
Maybe this almost click-by-click tutorial can help:
Images are clickable, as they need to be in thumbnail size due to their width.
BCA12.png

BCA34.png

4=5, 5=6, 6=7
BCA567.png

But I don't know, if you can use Fusion afterwards. For that, you have to search further:

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
You can still use fusion afterwards, but you have to make sure to convert the bootcamp partition into a fusion vm. It will be in your documents folder.

Sikazzg35

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
You can still use fusion afterwards, but you have to make sure to convert the bootcamp partition into a fusion vm. It will be in your documents folder.

I thought that if I do the steps above, it will restore the boot camp partition to a single volume. Sorry but I'm still new to this. Can you be a little more clear?

Nov 28, 2010
located
I thought that if I do the steps above, it will restore the boot camp partition to a single volume. Sorry but I'm still new to this. Can you be a little more clear?

Do you mean theSeb or me?
Have you looked at Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Documents / Virtual Machines for any VMWare Fusion document, that is 5 to 20 GB or even bigger in size?

And the procedure I embedded, is for deleting the Boot Camp partition and adding the deleted space to the Mac OS X partition.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none

Yes, it will. The point I was making was in reply to this:

But I don't know, if you can use Fusion afterwards. For that, you have to search further

If you have not imported your bootcamp partition into a virtual machine via Fusion, then if you follow simsa...'s steps, you'll have to reinstall windows via Fusion.

When I installed fusion, I direct it to use boot camp as an image.

I just want to confirm. When you did this it asked you if you wanted to make a VM file from your boot camp partition for better performance or did you just tell it to use bootcamp. In other words, do you currently have bootcamp and your windows 7 vm available in Fusion?

Sikazzg35

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I just want to confirm. When you did this it asked you if you wanted to make a VM file from your boot camp partition for better performance or did you just tell it to use bootcamp. In other words, do you currently have bootcamp and your windows 7 vm available in Fusion?[/QUOTE]

Below is the screenshot from my fusion. Thank you for all the help I got so far.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-10 at 4.38.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-10 at 4.38.07 PM.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 81
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.