PDA

View Full Version : CES 2012: Behringer's $30,000 iNuke Boom Speaker on Display

MacRumors
Jan 10, 2012, 10:33 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/01/10/ces-2012-behringers-30000-inuke-boom-speaker-on-display/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/01/inuke-ces11-500x343.jpg

(http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/01/inuke-ces11.jpg)
Behringer (http://www.behringer.com/) is on hand at CES 2012, displaying its enormous iNuke Boom iPhone speaker dock that was announced (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/12/07/massive-iphone-dock-pumps-out-sound-with-10000-watts-of-power/) last month. The over-the-top accessory is 8 feet wide and 4 feet tall and weighs over 700 pounds. Billed as the loudest iPhone speaker dock, the 10,000-watt speaker can indeed put out overwhelming sound.

A dock with a 30-pin connector on the top allows direct connection of an iPhone or iPod touch. The speaker also has Bluetooth to play audio wirelessly from an iPhone, iPod touch or other device.

The iNuke requires so much electricity to run that its power switch is designed to power it on in stages to avoid blowing the fuse of the outlet that it's connected to. This short video recorded by Behringer shows the power switch on the back of the speaker along with the volume control and the iNuke Mode switch that boosts output.

3antTtE494Q

Priced at $29,999, the iNuke is out of reach for the average consumer. However, the high price tag at least includes a white glove delivery service for placement and set-up in your home.

The iNuke is in production now and will be available for purchase in the 3rd quarter of 2012.

Article Link: CES 2012: Behringer's $30,000 iNuke Boom Speaker on Display (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/01/10/ces-2012-behringers-30000-inuke-boom-speaker-on-display/)

Macman45
Jan 10, 2012, 10:35 PM
That's what I call a speaker system, although I can't for the life of me see were it's real market lies.

Not in the music and recording industries, unless purchased as an iconic lobby type product.

appleguy123
Jan 10, 2012, 10:40 PM
Half that price probably goes towards delivering it. Imagine the shipping charges, it'd be like mailing a car across the country...

ALR26
Jan 10, 2012, 10:40 PM
The problem with this lies in the brand being Behringer. :(

charlituna
Jan 10, 2012, 10:45 PM
The Napster wants to know if it can blow the clothes off the blonde.

blue22
Jan 10, 2012, 10:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

O… M… G… that is beyond ridiculous! iNuke = iOverkill.

Comeagain?
Jan 10, 2012, 10:59 PM
That's what I call a speaker system, although I can't for the life of me see were it's real market lies.

Not in the music and recording industries, unless purchased as an iconic lobby type product.

In bringing people in to their booth. Nothing more.

nagromme
Jan 10, 2012, 10:59 PM
Cool. I was looking for a nice speaker capable of filling a medium-sized room.

sterlingindigo
Jan 10, 2012, 11:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mother of all iPrefixes!

Sol
Jan 10, 2012, 11:14 PM
It's like the Batmobile. Nobody needs one but if you have more money than you know what to do with, then why would you not want one?

bb426
Jan 10, 2012, 11:20 PM
Looks like a lot of people are interested in this one. Look at the crowd. :confused:

I could buy a brand new car for this price tag, and it sure could do a hell of a lot more than what this can do for me.

Schtumple
Jan 10, 2012, 11:21 PM
I have always wanted a speaker system that would result in me needing to take out a small loan to cover the electricity cost.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say this will almost definitely appear on either Jersey Shore, Keeping up with the Kardashians, or Cribs.

mac.jedi
Jan 10, 2012, 11:23 PM

I'm holding out for the 1.21 gigawatt flux capacitor model. It promises to be more portable (space & time), but only if you roll it down hill at 88 mph.

JAT
Jan 10, 2012, 11:45 PM
O… M… G… that is beyond ridiculous! iNuke = iOverkill.
To be fair...that is the point.

But that's enough fairness, this is just silly to make and even sillier to throw a price tag and try to sell some. Silliest would, of course, be purchasing one.

gyrogeerloose
Jan 11, 2012, 12:06 AM
$30,000 and MP3 files still sound like crap.

Sol
Jan 11, 2012, 12:32 AM

Why would you still be using MP3s? You do know that iPods support uncompressed WAV and AIFF, right?

george-brooks
Jan 11, 2012, 01:14 AM
What a gimmick! And for so much money, from such a low quality company! For that price you could install an entire over the top pro PA system with everything you could possibly want, including an 1/8" to RCA cable to plug your iPhone into your beautiful, beautiful new console!

Sol
Jan 11, 2012, 01:16 AM
What a gimmick! And for so much money, from such a low quality company! For that price you could install an entire over the top pro PA system with everything you could possibly want, including an 1/8" to RCA cable to plug your iPhone into your beautiful, beautiful new console!

Anyone can have a PA system. This makes a statement.

george-brooks
Jan 11, 2012, 01:21 AM
Anyone can have a PA system. This makes a statement.

To who, where and in what environment? I don't see any situation in which it makes any sense to install this instead of a higher quality PA system for the same price, even if it looks totally rad.

Sol
Jan 11, 2012, 01:45 AM
To who, where and in what environment? I don't see any situation in which it makes any sense to install this instead of a higher quality PA system for the same price, even if it looks totally rad.

I do not have the answers to those questions. All I know is that if I was the son of a billionaire and I was throwing a pool party for my closest 300 friends, I would not make my personal foot stamper stop stamping his feet until the iNuke was mine.

siilverprince
Jan 11, 2012, 03:42 AM

Who actually listens to MP3 anyways?

Apple lossless (.m4a) all the way :cool:

baslotto
Jan 11, 2012, 04:27 AM

This is plain retarded.

Shrink
Jan 11, 2012, 05:54 AM
I don't know what everybody is complaining about, that nifty little speaker is only $29,999.00. Now, if it cost $30,000.00 that would be ridiculous. :rolleyes:

As others have said before, just because you can do something, doesn't necessarily mean you should.:D

Lukeyy19
Jan 11, 2012, 05:55 AM

The stupidly rich.

ouimetnick
Jan 11, 2012, 06:06 AM
That video scared me ********

Macman45
Jan 11, 2012, 06:13 AM
In bringing people in to their booth. Nothing more.

Yep, and a couple of PR companies will probably grab them for product launches as well. A giant cardboard iPhone on the dock? Why not:D

ironsienna
Jan 11, 2012, 06:13 AM
Half that price probably goes towards delivering it. Imagine the shipping charges, it'd be like mailing a car across the country...

The IKEA style of assembly could apply here for their next 100000 watt speaker… What if you want to buy a second one for stereo sound??? you can place one in your mains and the other one in your neighbour's house, place them vertically behind the houses doors and voila! you have the world's biggest neighbourhood boom box!

Kilamite
Jan 11, 2012, 07:01 AM
I tried to order one, but they were unable to take it up the stairs to my apartment.

MrPresident
Jan 11, 2012, 07:03 AM
big problem is, it's made by behringer. famously behringer equipment can't last the distance. you'll be sending it back to the shop in 8 months, imagine the shipping costs!

never buy behringer!

Macman45
Jan 11, 2012, 07:05 AM
The IKEA style of assembly could apply here for their next 100000 watt speaker… What if you want to buy a second one for stereo sound??? you can place one in your mains and the other one in your neighbour's house, place them vertically behind the houses doors and voila! you have the world's biggest neighbourhood boom box!

In addition to the worlds biggest neighbourhood boom box, you also get, completely free, an anti social behaviour lawsuit, and a new variant on Apple"s warranty system.

It's called EEERCare:D

felixgun
Jan 11, 2012, 07:16 AM
I want this dock for my living room!

Colpeas
Jan 11, 2012, 07:19 AM
Why would you still be using MP3s? You do know that iPods support uncompressed WAV and AIFF, right?

Why to use uncompressed WAV when iPods support ALAC? :rolleyes:

jasric
Jan 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
In addition to the worlds biggest neighbourhood boom box, you also get, completely free, an anti social behaviour lawsuit, and a new variant on Apple"s warranty system.

It's called EEERCare:D

Now thats funny, my office is looking at me weird as to why im laughing on Mac Rumours lol. :D

----------

Id like to know that to she is HOT!!

FrizzleFryBen
Jan 11, 2012, 08:27 AM
I watched the video with my headphones on. I want my eardrums back!

RedTomato
Jan 11, 2012, 09:12 AM
For my next project, I will put a small speaker into a giant 7-foot plywood box and sell it for $25,000.

Buy mine, it's $5,000 cheaper!

This iNuke is worth every penny. Of free PR for Behringer.

trayburn
Jan 11, 2012, 09:21 AM
Let me get this straight ... $30K and no AirPlay support? To change tracks I have to stand directly in front of the speaker which can "go to 11"...

Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

RalfTheDog
Jan 11, 2012, 09:31 AM

I want to use it with my alarm clock app. I have a very hard time waking up in the morning.

Macman45
Jan 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
I want to use it with my alarm clock app. I have a very hard time waking up in the morning.

Well, it'll wake the street....Probably the whole town! Chosse a nice sublet alarm tone....Something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoIQvsnbdQ

This should ensure you wake up on time. Please don't send me the lawsuits though:)

nylonsteel
Jan 11, 2012, 09:42 AM
re original article

a few thoughts here -

will use an obnoxious twee word here - ginourmous

great - just what the world needs is another bass box

mostly a publicity stunt - but some fool with buy one

muti stage power swicthes are sorta nifty - like arming a missile

Hastings101
Jan 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
I do not have the answers to those questions. All I know is that if I was the son of a billionaire and I was throwing a pool party for my closest 300 friends, I would not make my personal foot stamper stop stamping his feet until the iNuke was mine.

Really? I doubt a giant low quality speaker with an ugly name is going to catch on around the super rich and famous.

Gravity
Jan 11, 2012, 10:40 AM
It won't sell. It's the dumbest idea for an accessory to any device I've ever heard. I feel dumber for having heard it.... :rolleyes:

MagicWok
Jan 11, 2012, 11:15 AM
It's plainly obvious it's a gimmicky product. However I love the product name.:p

Each time I read it, I hear Arnie saying: "Get DOWUN. iNUKE BOOM!" :D

AppleTools
Jan 11, 2012, 11:24 AM
Perfect for my new iPod nano!!! :D

erzhik
Jan 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
Will that fit in the trunk of a Civic? :D

Ihatefall
Jan 11, 2012, 11:40 AM

Let me get this straight ... $30K and no AirPlay support? To change tracks I have to stand directly in front of the speaker which can "go to 11"...

Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

It said it had Bluetooth! Which is basically the same thing has AirPlay. My Bluetooth car stereo does all the same things my ATV does.

ladymacintosh
Jan 11, 2012, 01:06 PM
You could flip it on it's back and put a mattress on top and turn on some jungle. VOILA!!! Worlds best vibra massage bed! Lol!

Ding.Dong
Jan 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
This is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. The company probably has no intention of actually selling any of these. They'll take this around to trade shows as a way of getting people's attention and checking out their booth. By putting an outrageous price tag on it, it’s guaranteed to get press attention. It’s pretty brilliant, actually.

rstansby
Jan 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
I think it's pretty obvious this is a sales gimmick to attract customers to their booth. The previous article mentions that this is the only one in existence.

Gasu E.
Jan 11, 2012, 02:54 PM
Can I get this installed in my car?

iHateMacs
Jan 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
Ridiculous. $30k and it doesn't even have a carrying handle!

I wouldn't like to have to buy the AA cells for it.

kejur
Jan 11, 2012, 07:16 PM
I think that this speaker is actually meant to be launched into space and attached to the space station, then pointed at the Earth in order to make sure everyone is paying attention during PSA's. If this thing were only for show then I think it would've been covered in diamonds and then transported directly to J-Lo's living room. Unfortunately, 12 people have already died trying to move it. At this very moment the other planets in our solar system are caught in this gigantic speaker's gravitational pull and are racing towards the Earth. If you were actually to plug this thing in the universe would cease to exist. And just to let you know, iNuke isn't the unit's name... it's a feature. Be afraid people. Be very afraid.

reedfox11
Jan 11, 2012, 08:51 PM
Free Shipping! :eek:

charlituna
Jan 11, 2012, 11:14 PM
This is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. The company probably has no intention of actually selling any of these.

to consumers no. but to clubs and such, who knows

zorinlynx
Jan 12, 2012, 08:25 AM
How do you fit this through doorways?

iRCL
Jan 12, 2012, 11:31 AM
Who cares, actual club soundsystems cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and can obviously be interfaced to an iPhone. It's just some CES gimmick, I can't believe any of you actually think this is a real product

Anyone who buys $30,000 of Behringer product is a tool anyway

rcappo
Jan 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
I've built a 17" subwoofer into a box behind my sofa that is 7 feet long and 4 feet high. It is only 8"-16" wide though.

It shakes the house. And it cost closer to $500. But it doesn't look quite as good.

If I had the time, you could DIY and add in AirPlay and other audio hook-ups.

tigres
Jan 12, 2012, 02:46 PM
classy chick to go with a classy speaker. :rolleyes: gotta love the just got out of my hotel bed look.

korgri
Jan 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
C'mon.... it's more cut rate than Coby. I bought a Behringer mixer back in the early 90's
I took it back a week later to trade for a Mackie, whatever the difference in price I didn't care.
You buy their stuff and then lie to yourself that it's not that bad. After while you get tired of
lying to yourself. This seems like some desperate ploy, rather than a Samsung style of
brand re-hab.

liquidrumors
Jan 12, 2012, 07:24 PM
LOL doesn't matter its a behringer it probably doesn't work anyway..

Larrywb
Jan 12, 2012, 10:35 PM
I had put this on my Christmas list to my wife, unfortunately it wasn't under the tree on Christmas day. :D

davidgrimm
Jan 13, 2012, 12:21 AM

No, but with $30,000 you can BUY the clothes off the blonde! :D

Well, I'm guessing all the biggest rap stars are placing their orders as I type. Probably trying to figure out how to use it in their cars.

If you see one of these being delivered to a neighbor, well that's either good or bad news depending on how old they and you are. :eek:

nateo200
Jan 13, 2012, 08:48 AM
In before preppy rich "dub steppers" teens kill their ear drums trying to be cooler than everyone.

pprior
Jan 13, 2012, 09:46 AM
I'm old (40's...) but I'd still buy one of those just to rock out my ABBA collection....

Antares
Jan 13, 2012, 01:01 PM
This is something Jay-Z and Beyonce would buy.

bpaluzzi
Jan 16, 2012, 06:49 AM
C'mon.... it's more cut rate than Coby. I bought a Behringer mixer back in the early 90's
I took it back a week later to trade for a Mackie, whatever the difference in price I didn't care.
You buy their stuff and then lie to yourself that it's not that bad. After while you get tired of
lying to yourself. This seems like some desperate ploy, rather than a Samsung style of
brand re-hab.

If you think Mackie is any better than Behringer, you've been tricked by a very successful marketing campaign :-)

markie
Jan 17, 2012, 12:23 AM
I doubt they plan to actually sell these, and if they did sell one it could be custom made. Behringer is a joke of a company...

BTW, any amplifier rack needs sequenced. The inrush current on amplifiers is really high. No surprise there.