Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Hell yes. I regret not buying a black MacBook a few years ago. I think, though, that Apple will continue to push out the aluminum/black/glass theme for a while.

swizzleswirl

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
An all black MBA would be amazing. The uniform aluminum across the entire lineup is starting to get stale to me. Black would definitely set them apart even more.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I guess I would have to see what it looks like first. I think Matte Black would be cool. But one thing I miss though, were the original silver keys. I actually prefer those over the black keys. Not sure how well those keys would look on a Black MBA.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I don't think I would. I like the silver. A little black here and there might work though. Maybe a black back and screen top (when closed) Might look good.

I will mock one up and post the pics.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Grass is always greener effect.
I remember getting one of the first iPods and talking to my friends about how cool a black one would be. Then with the iPhone it was the other way around. We all love differentiation. I agree with most of you though, a black one would look amazing.
But if both black and silver were available since launch, I would have probably gone for silver still. Everything else I own is black, tv, ps3, iPad, iPhone. It's nice to have a shiny silver MBA sat on my desk too. 

rebby

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
MN
If my option was between a black one and the current style, I'll opt for the current style pretty much every time. I like the aluminum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.