PDA

View Full Version : Everything We Mock, We Get

Toe
Jun 6, 2005, 04:07 PM
Mac users used to laugh at Windows' dependency on file extensions (like .doc) for file identification, now we need them.

We used to laud Stuffit over .zip files, now OS X makes .zip files natively, and .sit files are just annoying.

Even Steve laughed at low-end, consumer grade PCs... then he released the Mac mini.

Mac users praised SCSI over IDE/ATA, and now even Apple's enterprise-grade servers and RAIDs use ATA drives.

And Mac users laughed and laughed at Intel CPUs (math errors, overheating, CISC architecture, etc.)... so we get those too.

Careful what you mock next... unless you want it in your Mac. :p

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2005, 04:10 PM

hahaha - AMD and their dual core CPUs, what are they thinking..... hahaha

Sorry, had to. I'm going to be really curious as to what Apple provides in its next version of the PowerMac - its hard to even guess at this point.

D

jsw
Jun 6, 2005, 04:11 PM
Those silly PC users have to deal with windows which can be resized from more than just the lower right-hand corner.

How uncivilized! I hope we never need to do that.

Also, anyone else laugh at how dumb their laptops look with more than one trackpad mouse button?

WinterMute
Jun 6, 2005, 04:12 PM
That PowerBook G5.... HAAAAAA Ha hahahaha....

Oh, wait, that's not really funny anymore is it?

:(

Mr. Anderson
Jun 6, 2005, 04:14 PM

Actually, I think its a lot more funny now.... ;)

D

jsw
Jun 6, 2005, 04:15 PM

:(
PowerBook P(entium)5, anyone?

Toe
Jun 6, 2005, 04:22 PM
I sure wouldn't mind having a 2.13 GHz (http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/precn_m?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd) PowerBook... though never at the expense of the perfect form factor design of the current 12".

WinterMute
Jun 6, 2005, 04:50 PM
PowerBook P(entium)5, anyone?

I'll take a PowerBook with a Pentium M please, being as I can't have a G5.

katie ta achoo
Jun 6, 2005, 07:08 PM
I sure wouldn't mind having a 2.13 GHz (http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/precn_m?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd) PowerBook... though never at the expense of the perfect form factor design of the current 12".

I swear, it must be a LAW that Dell laptops have to be hideously ugly!
How else can you explain it?

/perfect brushed aluminum case, I love you!

bosrs1
Jun 6, 2005, 07:19 PM
Mac users used to laugh at Windows' dependency on file extensions (like .doc) for file identification, now we need them.

We used to laud Stuffit over .zip files, now OS X makes .zip files natively, and .sit files are just annoying.

Even Steve laughed at low-end, consumer grade PCs... then he released the Mac mini.

Mac users praised SCSI over IDE/ATA, and now even Apple's enterprise-grade servers and RAIDs use ATA drives.

And Mac users laughed and laughed at Intel CPUs (math errors, overheating, CISC architecture, etc.)... so we get those too.

Why? Everything we've mocked also made our Macs better when we got it. Frankly we need to mock more stuff, like the large PC software library.

bosrs1
Jun 6, 2005, 07:19 PM
I swear, it must be a LAW that Dell laptops have to be hideously ugly!
How else can you explain it?

/perfect brushed aluminum case, I love you!
I know, my Powerbook G4 12" 1.33 is the single best computer I've ever owned.

DakotaGuy
Jun 6, 2005, 07:52 PM
And what did Steve say about Flash Drive MP3 players???

bosrs1
Jun 6, 2005, 07:54 PM
Nothing except iPod has 76% of the market now.

dejo
Jun 6, 2005, 07:55 PM

He said they didn't hold enough songs to be useful. Thus, Apple came out with a 512MB and 1GB flash-based iPod shuffle...

Toe
Jun 6, 2005, 08:16 PM
Why? Everything we've mocked also made our Macs better when we got it. Frankly we need to mock more stuff, like the large PC software library.
We already have that (http://osx.freshmeat.net/browse/18/)... we just don't know it yet.

:D

bosrs1
Jun 6, 2005, 08:17 PM
We already have that (http://osx.freshmeat.net/browse/18/)... we just don't know it yet.

:D
I'm looking forward to playing games I missed on my Mac.