Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luirico

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Chicago
My Dock on my mac does not work. My brother tried to download a new skin, but he deleted it and now it's gone. I can't even try to change the skin of the dock in the candy bar app.. Where and how do I re-download/reinstall the dock for Os X 10.6.8?

Nov 28, 2010
located
You could put the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade or grey Restore DVD into the Mac and reinstall Mac OS X, thus you get all the ****ed up things back, and your data will not be deleted, unless you tell the installer otherwise.

I guess you don't have any backups?

jvpython

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
New Zealand
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.5.2.26801/26.1305; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

The dock is simply an app which you can find in a folder with other root programs. I don't know where that folder is of the top of my head but look it up on google. You can redo load the "dock app" and replace your broken dock application file. Again search on google for that. A file has most likely been deleted in the dock application if it no longer shows up.

SonicSystemsInc

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Issues with Dock and Menu Bar Missing on Mac OSX

Hello Guys, Have you tried booting the mac into the " Safe Boot Mode " You can do this by turning off or restarting the computer and when you here the Apple Chime Hold down the " Shift Key " and keep holding until you see the Apple Logo and then release the " Shift Key " This will start the safe boot sequence which usually will take longer to boot up. Try signing into your existing profile. Once logged in you should have the dock and menu bar back. Advised trying to preform a virus scan on the computer which you can use Avast and Ccleaner on the computer and Kaspersky. In some cases this will fix the issues in the profile once booted back into the account under the standard boot. If does not you can boot back into the safe boot and create a new user profile and migrate the user data over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.