Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Was thinking about buying another 5770 for my 5,1 Mac pro. I wanted to run it in crossfire mode under windows. Just wanted to see if anyone here is running the same setup and how their experience has been. I know I would also need a crossfire bridge. Thanks for the help.

K15

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
Eagle River, Alaska
I have a MP 5,1 with dual HD 5770s.

I running Win Pro 64 in bootcamp. I have the CrossFire Bridge installed. I'm running AMD Catalyst 10.11 (64Bit). This will enable both of your cards under windows. I've tried the newer versions of Catalyst and when clicking on Enable Crossfire, I would get the Blue Screen of Death. This would be with or with the Bridge installed. The Bridge will not fit without filing down one of the little tabs that stick out.

I play Call of Duty, BF3, Medal of Honor, Crysis2, and HomeFront without any issues.

Last edited:

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
I have a MP 5,1 with dual HD 5770s.

I running Win Pro 64 in bootcamp. I have the CrossFire Bridge installed. I'm running AMD Catalyst 10.11 (64Bit). This will enable both of your cards under windows. I've tried the newer versions of Catalyst and when clicking on Enable Crossfire, I would get the Blue Screen of Death. This would be with or with the Bridge installed. The Bridge will not fit without filing down one of the little tabs that stick out.

I play Call of Duty, BF3, Medal of Honor, Crysis2, and HomeFront without any issues.

Interesting. Thank you for the input. Does the expansion fan rev at all when the cards are under load?

jsanford

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
Have you been able to get crossfire working with any other drivers other than 10.11? I am trying with two 7970's and I get a BSOD on enabling crossfire every time. In both windows 7 AND windows 8 using drivers 12.10 on up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.