PDA

View Full Version : Another case thread... Need something padded on the inside

JustOneQuickONe
Jan 13, 2012, 01:42 AM
I really hate making this thread but I have run into a problem with my current case and am looking for a new one. I currently have the casecrown omni. Its essentially a smart cover connected to a hard snap on back cover. I Love the case except for the fact that the plastic back cover is causing wear spots on the silver finish on the back of my iPad, mostly in the spots where it's snug to keep the case on.

So, my search is for a case that has a front cover that allows somewhat adjustable "kickstand" options and also covers the back as well, but I'd like the back to be lined with something softer. I still want the back to be hard, it can be plastic on the outside, a plastic core covered with some other material, whatever, I just want it to be padded where the iPad sits so there are no wear issues. I also want the cover to cover the corners and edges for the most part. I've seen a lot of covers close to what I'm looking for but the edges of the iPad are exposed which I feel leaves a big hole in protecting it from a drop.

I did like the sleekness of the omni, but I am not opposed to going with a slightly bulkier case if need be. My iPad comes to class with me and gets quite a bit of note taking use, so extra protection can't be a bad thing for me. Also, I do not want to break the bank, I'm a poor grad school student ($30-40 range at most). Does anyone have any suggestions?

**Does anyone have experience with the mareware CEO, is it padded on the inside?

mantic
Jan 13, 2012, 08:57 AM
I really hate making this thread but I have run into a problem with my current case and am looking for a new one. I currently have the casecrown omni. Its essentially a smart cover connected to a hard snap on back cover. I Love the case except for the fact that the plastic back cover is causing wear spots on the silver finish on the back of my iPad, mostly in the spots where it's snug to keep the case on.

So, my search is for a case that has a front cover that allows somewhat adjustable "kickstand" options and also covers the back as well, but I'd like the back to be lined with something softer. I still want the back to be hard, it can be plastic on the outside, a plastic core covered with some other material, whatever, I just want it to be padded where the iPad sits so there are no wear issues. I also want the cover to cover the corners and edges for the most part. I've seen a lot of covers close to what I'm looking for but the edges of the iPad are exposed which I feel leaves a big hole in protecting it from a drop.

I did like the sleekness of the omni, but I am not opposed to going with a slightly bulkier case if need be. My iPad comes to class with me and gets quite a bit of note taking use, so extra protection can't be a bad thing for me. Also, I do not want to break the bank, I'm a poor grad school student ($30-40 range at most). Does anyone have any suggestions?

**Does anyone have experience with the mareware CEO, is it padded on the inside?

Not really padded on the inside, but it is lined with soft material. I have the Kumara II and like it a lot. http://www.maroo.com/store/Cases/iPad-2-Cases/MOKO-2

MathRulz
Jan 13, 2012, 12:21 PM
Not really padded on the inside, but it is lined with soft material. I have the Kumara II and like it a lot. http://www.maroo.com/store/Cases/iPad-2-Cases/MOKO-2

+1

Many Maroo cases are available on Amazon for $40 - $50. The bumper system really helps protect the iPad. Watch the video on the Maroo website about it. I have several cases but mostly use the Maroo because of the protection it offers. I shattered the screen on my first iPad 2; it dropped and landed on a corner. That's when I bought the Maroo. I've been using it since about July 1. No wear marks.

JustOneQuickONe
Jan 14, 2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the replies! I'll have to do some research into the maroo case, so far from what I've read people like it. Any other suggestions?

Blue Lizard
Jan 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
Hazard 4 Launch Pad - nice soft padding on the inside and a very rugged Cordura exterior.

You have to like the tacticool look (mil-spec MOLLE attachment etc.), but I love it - even have a Maxpedition pouch attached on the back for carrying earphones, charger, cables, screen wipes etc. for when I'm travelling with the iPad.