PDA

View Full Version : My new iMac?

mauly
Jun 6, 2005, 09:09 PM
with todays news! is my new iMac G5 all of a sudden "crap"? by the sounds of some people here it would appear so....

CanadaRAM
Jun 6, 2005, 09:10 PM
I'm sure your question was tongue in cheek,

the answer is from a Steve Winwood song
"I'm the same boy I used to be"

mad jew
Jun 6, 2005, 09:13 PM
No offence, but the point of this thread in contrast to the countless others out there?

Are you satisfied with your iMac's performance?

mauly
Jun 6, 2005, 09:29 PM
No offence, but the point of this thread in contrast to the countless others out there?

Are you satisfied with your iMac's performance?

Yes, it was tongue in cheek!!

I love my iMac and will do for the next 3 or so years!!! I just find it very sad that people are telling people not to by a desktop mac until there intel, whenever that will be! - just last month iMac G5's was nothing but thumbs up all round! whats changed? nothing!!! why all the doom....

mad jew
Jun 6, 2005, 09:33 PM
Couldn't agree with you more mauly. My new G5 iMac screams and to be honest, I know the Intel processors will deem it "out of date" in two years but to be honest, I kind of expected it to be outdated by then anyway. :rolleyes:

Etrain
Jun 6, 2005, 09:38 PM
I am still on cloud nine with my new iMac even after this Intel news. Seriously, in 2-3 years Apple will be done with the Power PC and will be totally Intel based. So people should honestly wait 3 years? I don't think so. By the time the new iMacs with Intel chips roll out I will be in the market again but I will have had a great machine for 3 years! :D