Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Well considering the i'm Watch is designed to be an assistant to using your smartphone where as the nano is designed to be a portable music player....I don't see any decent comparisons.

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2011
Too big to wear comfortably, too small to read from a distance, and complete with a price tag that makes it out of reach for most consumers. You're right, Apple's probably shaking in their boots.

Artep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
It's a battle for the wrist.

Maybe this is why Apple is sending out their 6G Nano as a replacement for the 1G. They're staking out a claim on the new territory. Smart move.

Artep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
What a difference a decade makes

Now people don't mind having wires running out their ears, but wear something on their wrists ... never.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
I don't wear a watch. Because I have an iPhone. I can't really see people using this. Too small, and no real advantage over a smart phone.

Artep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
You don't type, you speak into it.

Being a grumpy old man, I can't stand watching people paying more attention to their phones than the people their with. It's rude behavior. If you had the thing on your wrist, you could quickly push an "i'm busy call you back" button w/o reaching into your pocket and interrupting your current conversation.

Seriously, you kids need to focus!

jj48

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
UK
Apple i'm watching your Nano become obsolete. Are you?
http://www.imwatch.it/us-en/

Wow is anyone else thinking they might as well have called it the iWatch and called it a day.

Seriously apple's IP lawyers should have a field day with this product. Then again it probably doesn't infringe patents. It just shamelessly imitates an apple product (slightly), apple advertising (slightly more) and apple product names (loads).

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2011
Wow is anyone else thinking they might as well have called it the iWatch and called it a day.

Seriously apple's IP lawyers should have a field day with this product. Then again it probably doesn't infringe patents. It just shamelessly imitates an apple product (slightly), apple advertising (slightly more) and apple product names (loads).

It's probably not worth the legal costs, they'll fall flat on their faces without any help from apple.

Bear807

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
view photo and check weather on the screen on watch. Why not take the damn phone out of the pocket, is just a matter of seconds

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Maybe this is why Apple is sending out their 6G Nano as a replacement for the 1G. They're staking out a claim on the new territory. Smart move.

A far more likely explanation is that they just ran out of refurbished first gens.

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
Aside from how huge and chunky this thing looked on the wrist, did anyone notice how awkward the models were all looking while using it? With their arm held up high to bring the watch up to mid chest, or even eye level, and then having to hold it up there. This has seriously made me reconsider getting a watch strap for my nano, I dunno if they were just over acting with the body movements in order to showcase the product more though. Do any nano watch users here actually hoist their arm up high like that?

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Fit something like this into a Nano and have it interface with my iPhone and we've got a sale...

I'm not sure if I was understanding right... is this device the phone itself or an extension of a phone?

I would love if the new Nano (or if they make an Android watch that can talk to iOS) used BT 4.0 to communicate between itself and my iPhone. I would need it as an extension of a bluetooth headset where I can plug in my headset, control my music that I have playing/stored on my iPhone (FFWD, REW, PLAY/PAUSE) and still carry the info on the screen, it should also extend the headset controls as a secondary control scheme, Email/Text message reader would be nice... but would only be able to be replied to using Siri and some good alarm features for the calender I have set on my iPhone.

That's my dream Nano Watch. :)

Artep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Yes, but it will get smaller. I think the Nano is about the ideal size ... just big enough to use and with the right band it can be attractive.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Being a grumpy old man, I can't stand watching people paying more attention to their phones than the people their with. It's rude behavior. If you had the thing on your wrist, you could quickly push an "i'm busy call you back" button w/o reaching into your pocket and interrupting your current conversation.

Seriously, you kids need to focus!

lol, I know we all want to be 00 agents :D , but that doesn't mean it's the best way to answer a call. For that you could have just pressed any button on your phone w/out taking it out of your pocket.

Artep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Not on my phone

I'm old school.
lol, I know we all want to be 00 agents :D , but that doesn't mean it's the best way to answer a call. For that you could have just pressed any button on your phone w/out taking it out of your pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.