Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
As you shuld know by now, I'm working as a VJ. I use 2 PB Pismo most of the time. Last wendsday I was performing in a party, my set up was close to the dance flor. Any way I took a 20 min break and left everything working by itself. When I came back some one droped his/her drink on one of my powerbooks!!! All I know is that I came back and the PB was all wet and working.

I took the unit, umplug it, took of the keyboar, took some napkins and dry it up.

The Powerbook was working just fine. Just a few drops went in to the unit and wet the upper side of the CD-Rom. No drop touched the HD or oder internal circuit. The keyboard is a bit sticky, specially when is dry, when th computer is hot there is no problem.

Right now I'm doing a "ant job" cleaning the keyboard. There is not room to introduce something a bit humed but I'm working on it.

The thing is that the powerbook is so well design that there is no way something can damage the processor. The only problem would be if the liquid came thru the speakers.

You can not imagine how upset I am when irresponsable/envy people do those kind of things. I hope I do not have to deal with this again.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Just consider yourself lucky. I'd be more than pissed if someone spilt a drink on my computer....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.