Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddog91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
it loads up a UPS page..It takes me to their site and leads me to a dead page..Even if I click my Facebook bookmark..Possible virus?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
it loads up a UPS page..It takes me to their site and leads me to a dead page..Even if I click my Facebook bookmark..Possible virus?
Follow Macman45's instructions. It can't be a virus, since none exist

Macs are not immune to malware, but no true viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any since it was released 10 years ago. You cannot infect your Mac simply by visiting a website, unzipping a file, opening an email attachment or joining a network. The only malware in the wild that can affect Mac OS X is a handful of trojans, which cannot infect your Mac unless you actively install them, and they can be easily avoided with some basic education, common sense and care in what software you install. Also, Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion have anti-malware protection built in, further reducing the need for 3rd party antivirus apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.