Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I had a problem with my phone since last night my Safari, phone ect links at the bottom have vanished. It's just showing an empty gray space anybody else had this before? I reset settings and had no luck.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
try doing a hard-reset by holding both the home button and power button until you see the apple logo (about 10 seconds).

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
You may have an app that conflicts with either another app or possibly the OS itself. Not all apps are compatible or play nice-nice with other apps. It's too weird that not only did the icons disappear, but they showed up on another page and you had to physically move them. You might try uninstalling apps one at a time going back to the time when this problem surfaced, especially if this problem continues.

K8sL8

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2012
Missing icons

Before you go to too much trouble, check to see if you accidentally created a folder. Your missing icons may be huddled together, hiding from you in a folder you didn't mean to create. I learned this the hard way when some of my icons disappeared. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.