Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Picked this up at Best Buy today ($30) and I'm loving it! I use the iPad a lot while either reclined on the couch or while laying in bed and I hated always having to hold up the iPad with one hand while and hated typing even more.

I had a spare Apple bluetooth keyboard laying around so this is perfect. Its very sturdy, the angle is perfect (there is some adjustability in the angle depending on how you connect the velcro in the back) and most importantly, and the reason I didn't want one of the other keyboard cases out there, is the fact that this is compatible with any tablet, so it won't be obsolete when I change to the next iPad. Plus, you get to use the Apple keyboard which is probably better than any other iPad keyboard case out there since those are pretty tiny in size.

Love having CMD+C/V again via actual keys and being able to use arrow keys when typing/editing something.

One thing I would love is something just like this but with a sturdy hinge that you could position at whatever angle you want, that would be pretty awesome and I don't know why there isn't one available out there.

incase1.jpg

incase2.jpg

incase-origami-ipad-stand.png

Screen-Shot-2011-08-15-at-2.19.35-PM.png

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
It's awesome now...

....wait until the velcro falls off. Happens to everybody sooner or later. I'd say sooner rather than later.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
It's awesome now...

....wait until the velcro falls off. Happens to everybody sooner or later. I'd say sooner rather than later.

There was actually one at the store where the velcro had actually fallen off!

Can't that be easily fixed by just replacing the velcro with one of those 3M velcros? I actually have some in a drawer.

3M_velcro_dual_lock_with_vhb_tape.jpg

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
That stinks. Is the velcro sewn onto the case, or glued?

Glued.

There was actually one at the store where the velcro had actually fallen off!

Can't that be easily fixed by just replacing the velcro with one of those 3M velcros? I actually have some in a drawer.

Yeah, it's quite common that the velcro falls off after occasional use. I just bought a small bottle of superglue to glue it back on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.