Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfremani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I find that the reminders app in iOS 5 is too clunky and there are a ton of other apps out there.

I use ShopShop because it is the quickest and easiest for me to use so far. I have multiple lists, including a general to-do list and a shopping list and it's served me well.

However, the app is somewhat buggy and it does seem to lack a companion desktop app to sync with, which would be nice.

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
I use omnifocus - not the cheapest but out of all I have tried - def the best. however I would check it out a lot before you invest - it may be a little too comprehensive for your needs.....

jfremani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
That's what I use notes for...

You use the notes app for grocery and todo lists? Wow. You can't easily change the order of things in the list, or move them to other lists. You can't easily put a line through an item to indicate that you've completed the task, or loaded the item into your cart (before actually erasing it.)

Notes is incredibly inadequate for frequent usage.

jacob11

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
I use eTodo.
It looks absolutely awesome. eTodo filters tasks into four different intital lists; Inbox – which is everything, Action – the soon-to-be-done stuff, Next – for tasks for later on, and Someday – for items for the future, not necessarily right away.

jsgreen

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
NH
I use Omnifocus on Mac and iPhone for todos

GroceryIQ to keep track of stuff we need to buy (on both mine and my wife's iPhone and a couple of iPads, using the same GroceryIQ login on all devices lets us be in synch on what groceries are needed).

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
I use Appigo Todo. Very solid app that I originally selected due to it's syncing with Remember The Milk and Toodeldo. I'm now using Todo for Mac and syncing via iCloud.

Todo is very full featured with projects, repeating tasks, notifications. If you want to follow GTD, it's all there.

If I didn't have an investment in Todo I would look into http://www.wunderlist.com/. It is free and very slick.

Chairman.Jobbie

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2011
I use a combination of apps - OmniFocus, Taskpaper & Due.

Omnifocus for dated todos.
Taskpaper for undated todos, lists and outlines.
Due for exact time specific adhoc things.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I use List Master. It allows rudimentary file transfer to the desktop via DropBox -- I hope they can improve this with actual two-way syncing, and more.

It also allows hierarchy in that you can have lists of lists, but you can't see multiple levels at once. Instead, you have to open the sublist and deal with it separately.

But, you can make different types of lists within the same app, i.e. they don't have to be checklists, and you can have multiple columns of different types (somewhat like a more general database app in this respect).

Regards,
Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.