Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Hi,

Warning - I am stuck on the site linked below. I recommend NOT following the link unless you are certain you know what you are doing (I obviously do not).
I was the recipient of this site: frankly.pitas.com

I am stuck on the above link and cannot get safari to do anything but open up to the same thing over and over. I have tried force quitting and restarting. Super annoying (why are sites like this allowed to exist??).

Is there anything I can do to get my safari browser back to normal without erasing all of the data it has?

Thanks for any help.

-MS

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I can't.
It is greyed out:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 12.19.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 12.19.04 PM.png
    466.5 KB · Views: 523

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Do you know that from experience?
I've clicked over 100 times and am still not finished.

----------

And another hundred and it's done.

Thanks.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Time to do a fresh install my friend. Unfortunately that's what it comes too when you have something like this. I hope you backed up!

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Do you know that from experience?
I've clicked over 100 times and am still not finished.

----------

And another hundred and it's done.

Thanks.

Sorta. I know that there are "joke" sites and stuff that people send to people, they do it on the iPhone as well. Just figured it was one of those.

The screenshot was what did it for me.

Cmd-the-World

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Another thing you can do is deactivate app resume (I am assuming that it is enabled), quit Safari and open Safari again and then reactivate app resume.

Here are the steps in detail:

Go to System Preferences -> General -> deselect the option 'Restore Windows when quitting and re-opening apps'

Go to Safari -> Quit

Open up Safari again (it would open up your home page)

System Preferences -> General -> select the option 'Restore Windows when quitting and re-opening apps'

Hope this helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.