Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaxus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Hello,

I have just installed Windows 7 on my new Macbook Air 2011, but realized that the drivers can't be automatically located. I don't have OS X anymore to create bootcamp CD, and couldn't find it anywhere.

Can anyone get me a link for the drivers, or maybe to OS X installation DVD?

Thanks.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Just run the Boot Camp Assistant from within the Utilities Menu. One of the first prompts will be to download the updated drivers and burn them onto a USB key or external CD. Just abort the process after you have downloaded the drivers and you should be OK.

imaxus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
New to Mac ...

The way I installed windows 7 was just to hold the key "C" when computer was restarting, then select "boot from DVD", and just follow the installation prompts of windows ...

I am completely new to Macs ... How do I get to the utility menu?

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
The way I installed windows 7 was just to hold the key "C" when computer was restarting, then select "boot from DVD", and just follow the installation prompts of windows ...

I am completely new to Macs ... How do I get to the utility menu?

You don't now. Sounds like you wiped your OSx partition so you will have to reinstall OSX then use Bootcamp to create a dual boot system.

imaxus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Removed the partitions ..

And by the way ... I have removed all the partitions on the disk :) So, there's no OS X anymore, on any of the partitions ...

Is there any way to bring OS X back, or maybe just download the damn drivers for Windows 7 elsewhere?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
And by the way ... I have removed all the partitions on the disk :) So, there's no OS X anymore, on any of the partitions ...

Is there any way to bring OS X back, or maybe just download the damn drivers for Windows 7 elsewhere?

Yes. Use Lion Internet Recovery. Restart and hold down Cmd-R

First back up your Windows partition, though, if you have any data on it you need to keep.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Also, once you do get OS X back, keep it, even if only on a small partition. It's the only way to get firmware updates, should Apple ever issue any more for the MacBook Air.

imaxus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Got it!

I pressed Command+R on reboot, and now the OS X is being downloaded from the internet. Very neat ...

Thank you very much for your replies!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I pressed Command+R on reboot, and now the OS X is being downloaded from the internet. Very neat ...

Thank you very much for your replies!

You're welcome. While your at it, why not give OS X a spin? After all, you have a Mac, why not take advantage of it? :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.