Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
I use a .mac address for iCloud as it has always been my email address and so that needs to be part of the package.

My iTunes account uses a Googlemail address because, well just because that's the ID that I've been using to buy music and video for a long time.

So now I try to turn on Match on my iPhone, and it tries to load my .Mac address as the ID and correctly says that I haven't bought Match for this account.

So how do I get my iOS devices to look instead at my iTS Googlemail ID when it comes to music and iTunes Match?

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
I use a .mac address for iCloud as it has always been my email address and so that needs to be part of the package.

My iTunes account uses a Googlemail address because, well just because that's the ID that I've been using to buy music and video for a long time.

So now I try to turn on Match on my iPhone, and it tries to load my .Mac address as the ID and correctly says that I haven't bought Match for this account.

So how do I get my iOS devices to look instead at my iTS Googlemail ID when it comes to music and iTunes Match?
go into the "store" settings on your iphone and make sure it has your gmail ID listed there. basically just make sure your phone is set up to purchase things with your gmail and not your me.com email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.