Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethics101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
Anybody have experience with it. I love the way it looks in photos, but no one seems to talk about it here which kind of deters me...Thanks!

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Anybody have experience with it. I love the way it looks in photos, but no one seems to talk about it here which kind of deters me...Thanks!

I haven't tried the iskin vu yet. I do have the claro however and a few other iskin cases. I can tell you that iskin makes quality products and is one of the best company in my books. It is definitely worth taking a gamble with it if you can't find any reviews... you'll most likely love it.

a quick youtube search: http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...129l2060l0l2160l11l11l0l9l9l1l190l271l1.1l2l0

ethics101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
I haven't tried the iskin vu yet. I do have the claro however and a few other iskin cases. I can tell you that iskin makes quality products and is one of the best company in my books. It is definitely worth taking a gamble with it if you can't find any reviews... you'll most likely love it.

a quick youtube search: http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...129l2060l0l2160l11l11l0l9l9l1l190l271l1.1l2l0

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll probably just go ahead and get one in the morning and do a review for you guys when it ships. I was mainly concerned of the stretch effect silliness tends to have, but it looks like they have a lifetime warranty. Its a pretty sleek looking case.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll probably just go ahead and get one in the morning and do a review for you guys when it ships. I was mainly concerned of the stretch effect silliness tends to have, but it looks like they have a lifetime warranty. Its a pretty sleek looking case.

Did you mean stretch effect of silicone? I can assure you that iskin cases will hold up for a very very long time. The only "issue" that there may be is that the bottom lip where the charger is will sag slightly over time because its so thin. However, I do change cases all the time so that may add to the stretch. I'll be waiting for the review and pics, im excited :)

ps i looked at some youtube reviews... looks super nice :D theres 2 versions of the solo vu btw. the 1st gen one slides in from the top and the front has protection while the second gen you stick in through the front with no front lip.

Last edited:

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I actually just got this case in a couple of days ago. I'll take a few pictures when I get home from work tonight and post a mini-review. First impressions are good, though. :D

jblock

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2006
I've had this case for a couple of months. Very nice, but the top of the case does bow and is noticeable. Many of the online reviews point that out. If you can live with that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.