Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregchad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
Hi there. I'm the worst kind of apple fanboy. I own all the gadgets but really not sure how to use them. My uncle recently passed away and I have video of him on my iPhone. I'd like to burn that video to CD/DVD to give to my aunt and my cousins. I have a MacMini that I know has a CD burner, but I think it also has a DVD burner. The files have been transferred from my phone into iPhoto.

Can anyone help? Oh, and the least techie language, the best. I'm pretty good at following directions! Thanks.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
I'm the worst kind of apple fanboy. I own all the gadgets but really not sure how to use them.

That's normal, not "the worst."

If you've imported the files you should be able to burn them to a disc with iMovie. You can make sure that you've imported the videos by using Image Capture, which is in the Applications folder.

Nov 28, 2010
located
If you have the file on your computer (if it is in iPhoto, it is on your computer), use Burn to make a video DVD.
the below screenshots use an .avi file, but the same applies to many other video file formats, like .mp4 and .mov
BURN%20_video-dvd_1.png

BURN%20_video-dvd_2.png

BURN%20_video-dvd_3.png

BURN%20_video-dvd_4.png

If that does not work, maybe try iMovie in conjunction with iDVD, but as I don't use them, I can't tell you how, though there are lots (dozens of dozens) guides/tutorials out there for you to find.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:

And to learn more about Mac OS X:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.