PDA

View Full Version : PowerPoint editor

mantic
Jan 19, 2012, 01:47 PM
I'm looking for an editor for .ppt files, and hoping for something that offers a similar experience to Office PowerPoint--as far as adding notes to slides goes. What are my options?

chrf097
Jan 19, 2012, 03:01 PM
I'm looking for an editor for .ppt files, and hoping for something that offers a similar experience to Office PowerPoint--as far as adding notes to slides goes. What are my options?

Keynote will be your best choice.

mantic
Jan 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
The reviews for keynote leave a little to be desired--I this really the best choice? It seems docstogo has .ppt support, but I'm not sure of it operation.

fleeper
Jan 22, 2012, 04:38 PM
Not sure why the reviews on iTunes might be bad but I use keynote on the iPad all the time and it works great for me.

Fleeper

mantic
Jan 24, 2012, 10:25 AM
Not sure why the reviews on iTunes might be bad but I use keynote on the iPad all the time and it works great for me.

Fleeper

I downloaded both Keynote and Docs to Go. I have not had any of the crashing issues that others have expressed concern about with Keynote. However, I have only opened a select few ppt documents in the program--not enough for a good review of its performance. I don't care for the way Keynote handles notes added to slides--it will not display the notes alongside the slides. Docs to go, on the other hand, enables notes to be viewed alongside the slide--this is great for studying.. especially in and art history type class where you are taking notes on slides of artwork.

mantic
Jan 25, 2012, 12:24 AM
On fatal flaw of docs to go is this.. in Word there is no spell check or autocorrect. Just thought i'd mention that for anyone buying this app.